Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: sky sports news

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default sky sports news

Hi everyone , just a little help please , i have all channels sports/movies etc but sky sports news coming up as scrambled , any ideas or has it changed frequency , many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure I can help but am suffering the same situation on both Sky Sports News and Sky Sports 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

There has been a change in the encryption data meaning OScam cannot currently read the cards properly for about a dozen channels. I don't expect it will take too long to "fix"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

Mee?kat (28th March, 2017), PMAX777 (7th April, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I was thinking the same myself lincsat, is this defo not a transponder boo boo tho by sly, ive done a full scan to no avail mind you so it all points to oscam i suppose, anyone checked official stbs?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mee?kat For This Useful Post:

PMAX777 (7th April, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Channels affected that I have found:

Sky Atlantic
    Sky Living +1
    Comedy Xtra
    Fox +1
    TCM
    Sky Sports 4
    Sky Sports News
    Eurosport 1
    Eurosport 2

SKY LIVING + 1 clearing on 12265 H 27498
    republic of Ireland r still working frequency 12.148 H 27.500 is NOT working
    information given is to be used for educational purposes only
    Don't Forget To Say Thanks If You Like My Post
    IF YOU THINK A POST HAS BEEN USEFUL USE THE THANKS BUTTON
    If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe516 For This Useful Post:

PMAX777 (7th April, 2017), wortho (13th April, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Channels are open on a Sky+ non-HD box, so it's not a fault or H/W pairing. The encoder for that transponder will have been upgraded, I suspect that the Guru's are looking at it already.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

joe516 (28th March, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    The encoder for that transponder will have been upgraded
    Upgraded..hmm possibly..i,m wondering if the transponder is in fact just broken...official stbs may have been able to search and temporarily use other transponders for these channels that are missing while this transponder is faulty...something 3rd party boxes cant do as they aint part of slys platform.

Doesnt appear to be an oscam prob or H/W pairing prob tho so all good i hope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All ok on v9s here but I have a blade bm7000 as well and they are missing on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mee?kat View Post
    Upgraded..hmm possibly..i,m wondering if the transponder is in fact just broken...official stbs may have been able to search and temporarily use other transponders for these channels that are missing while this transponder is faulty...something 3rd party boxes cant do as they aint part of slys platform.

Doesnt appear to be an oscam prob or H/W pairing prob tho so all good i hope
    The transponder is NOT broken. The ECM are a different length. Official STB's can't find a different frequency as their isn't one. It is a counter measure from Sky/NDS, we have seen them before and will see them again.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

joe516 (28th March, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    The transponder is NOT broken. The ECM are a different length. Official STB's can't find a different frequency as their isn't one. It is a counter measure from Sky/NDS, we have seen them before and will see them again.
    I,m not disagreeing with you lincsat,i,m merely questioning the fact that it is weird for sly to counter measure cs by taking out 1 transponder...why would they do that when most are available on different transponders anyway.

Have you actually been able to check the frequencys the channels are located on the official stb?

I also dont remember many cs counter measures with sly uk tbh apart from the majority of hd content which went missing years ago,and rte2 i think but that was just a change in thier system i believe and not anti-cs.

Official stbs will and can find new frequencys on a different transponder if it can temporarily...they work differently to 3rd party boxes as we all know...i,ll say it again, most official boxes aint top notch far from it but as they are part of skys platform i would assume they can do more than 3rd party boxes.

Just to clarify, are you saying this is an oscam issue or a transponder issue..if its a transponder issue you mean then whats the fix if our boxes are not capable of finding the frequencys?
    Last edited by Mee?kat; 28th March, 2017 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mee?kat View Post
    I,m not disagreeing with you lincsat,i,m merely questioning the fact that it is weird for sly to counter measure cs by taking out 1 transponder...why would they do that when most are available on different transponders anyway.

Have you actually been able to check the frequencys the channels are located on the official stb?

I also dont remember many cs counter measures with sly uk tbh apart from the majority of hd content which went missing years ago,and rte2 i think but that was just a change in thier system i believe and not anti-cs.

Official stbs will and can find new frequencys on a different transponder if it can temporarily...they work differently to 3rd party boxes as we all know...i,ll say it again, most official boxes aint top notch far from it but as they are part of skys platform i would assume they can do more than 3rd party boxes.

Just to clarify, are you saying this is an oscam issue or a transponder issue..if its a transponder issue you mean then whats the fix if our boxes are not capable of finding the frequencys?

This particular issue appears to be a different ECM length that OScam can't read from the cards. It's only implemented on a single transponder, most likely because Sky/NDS have only upgraded that one encoder. The previous counter measure was (to put it simply) the useage of different half strings making some channels black for some keys, this was cured with the swap feature on CS server software. That counter measure started on a single transponder as well.

Autobouquets, Autobouquetsmaker and similar all read the same data stream as official boxes, that data stream shows the list of transponders available and what channels are on which transponder. If an official box had changed to a different transponder, then the Linux boxes using AB/ABM would also change.

I'm 99% sure this is a counter measure that has affected OScam (and likely other card reader software), I'm confident that a fix will be implemented before too long.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

joe516 (29th March, 2017), Mee?kat (31st March, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm having the same issues, same channels as joe516 has mentioned. I take it we just sit tight and hope for a fix?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottb5 View Post
    I'm having the same issues, same channels as joe516 has mentioned. I take it we just sit tight and hope for a fix?
    12148 H 27500

Sky Atlantic Ireland
    Sky Sports Box Office
    Sky Sports News HQ UK
    Sky Sports News HQ Ireland
    Sky Sports 1 Ireland
    British Eurosport 2
    Sky Sports 4 UK
    Fox UK +1
    Comedy Central Extra UK
    Sky Atlantic UK
    Sky Living UK +1
    British Eurosport 1
    TCM UK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe516 View Post
    12148 H 27500

Sky Atlantic Ireland
    Sky Sports Box Office
    Sky Sports News HQ UK
    Sky Sports News HQ Ireland
    Sky Sports 1 Ireland
    British Eurosport 2
    Sky Sports 4 UK
    Fox UK +1
    Comedy Central Extra UK
    Sky Atlantic UK
    Sky Living UK +1
    British Eurosport 1
    TCM UK
    Hi joe516,
    forgive me for being ignorant, but are you trying to tell me the new frequency for these channels? I'm a novice with this so I'm not sure how to ever update the frequency in my open box v8s? Any chance you can help if you have the time and that's what you are telling me?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottb5 View Post
    Hi joe516,
    forgive me for being ignorant, but are you trying to tell me the new frequency for these channels? I'm a novice with this so I'm not sure how to ever update the frequency in my open box v8s? Any chance you can help if you have the time and that's what you are telling me?
    frequency 12.148 H 27.500 is NOT working

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast