anonymous information maybe the end maybe not?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default anonymous information maybe the end maybe not?

Seen this on another forum!!
    Not a huge contributor on here, but am a constant user to keep updated and abreast of things, I'm not a server owner or a programmer etc, just an enthusiast who read the old threads earlier and didn't respond to any of the guesswork that was going on as basically that was all it was, uneducated guesswork.

I know there was mention above of not posting messages regarding "My mate said this or that" etc, but I do actually know two people personally who are involved with Oscam work and programming, one of them whom I know from my university days is directly involved with the upkeep and admin at the site "Streamboard" also, there's no info more up to date than the info he has access to and that is fact.

In an earlier thread that has since been deleted there was an actual link to Streamboard, anybody who checked it would have seen that it went into the actual technical side of what was happening, not random guesswork, having had a conversation with somebody directly involved I can confirm a few things, everything that I'm about to write will be updated and confirmed through Streamboard in due course once everything has been finalized, the only reason I'm taking the time to do this is because of the guesswork and scaremongering that's been going on, although unintentional that's pretty much all that's happened since yesterday so some facts might help put some folk at ease to an extent.

The facts as to what is actually happening were touched upon in the above mentioned link and that is that there is nothing within the Entitlement Control Message (ECM) that is affecting things right now, so all talk of ecm changes are just nonsense, as is transponder talk.

The problem exists within the CW (Control Word)....The actual encryption data itself

Now this is where the technical side of it went way over my head during my conversation, but the laymans terms that I got was that the encryption has not changed in the same way it did for HD or for the same way it did with Sky Italia, the encryption is compatible with existing Sky cards, including the old white 09's which is where local cards and shared cache's get the required data to make card sharing possible, so that also makes the talk of changing over Thompson Receivers to Sky +HD nonsense also, its completely irrelevant.

What they have done is quite clever apparently but it will 100% be worked out, the changes that will be required to be made will all be within the "oscam.config" which is basically the standard configuration file that servers use to run and make this all possible, so server owners will be getting access to an updated config file once completed and the missing channels will be back.

This is as close to the horses mouth as you will get and I have been told categorically that this is absolutely NOT the end of cardsharing as we know it and when the config is complete and uploaded things will continue as they were once servers have been updated to the new config.

There is a but though and that is the reasoning behind what has happened the last few days, the general feeling is that Sky were testing a few channels to see what the result was, that unfortunately is not true, Sky and anybody with a certain level of understanding of encryptions would know that no test is required, the results of the changes that were made are set in stone and known before they were put in place therefore there is no test required or needed.

That is where the but comes in because what has happened is fixable with a configuration change, Sky and the programming engineers working with Sky know that just as much as the guys who deal with oscam, they know its fixable and can be worked around, so the actual reason behind it is a mystery.

Its not just to disrupt or to annoy, that much is clear, but the real reason is unclear at the moment as the changes they have made don't really relate to anything they can build on long term as once worked around that's it, it cant be implemented into a different part of the whole procedure so its not clear why they did it or what the overall goal of it was but its obviously something much bigger and more complex, whether its something that could happen next week or next year nobody knows, but its clear that some serious thought and investment has been put in to this and its one of the biggest changes or moves that Sky have made to in a long time, so the general feeling from someone directly involved is that something much bigger is on the way, but as above the timescale is not known.
    Sky have obviously always taken it seriously and attempted to stop it but it looks as though they have upped the effort on it and are seriously taking steps to put an end to it long term, or at least until the technology to work around it comes to light.

I know some people on here will no doubt rubbish everything that I have put down here because I'm not directly involved with oscam or servers and because I'm not a TK Veteran etc etc, but what I've put down will be available through streamboard in due course and a lot of it already is there to read up on, so please take the time to research a little into the technical facts of what is going on and with what I've tried to explain here and hopefully I've helped put some minds at ease a little.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uzi1993 For This Useful Post:

antomac (6th April, 2017), bys561999 (2nd May, 2017), cbk (1st April, 2017), davem49 (30th April, 2017), harveyboy73 (7th April, 2017), metalhead (1st April, 2017), rocketron49 (6th April, 2017), toponetoe (29th April, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uzi1993 View Post

This is as close to the horses mouth as you will get and I have been told categorically that this is absolutely NOT the end of cardsharing as we know it and when the config is complete and uploaded things will continue as they were once servers have been updated to the new config.

Not trying to rubbish anything you have heard mate but a new config will not sort this,well i dont think so anyway, i thought it was a transponder issue but lincsat quickly showed me that it wasn't that,,, so it shows how much i know z...if it was a config edit i think we might have seen it by now

Also there is many other providers sharing right now so your right,,it aint the end of cardsharing whether sly goes or not
    Last edited by Mee?kat; 1st April, 2017 at 05:44 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mee?kat For This Useful Post:

uzi1993 (3rd April, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your post uzi1993. Have you heard anything more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

There is work going on and patches have been posted on the OScam forum, so far they are all unsuccessful though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

tests happening tonight

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

well at least there trying to work around it haha

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

any update on tests guys

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chuckles53 View Post
    any update on tests guys
    Taken from another forum Update Patch has been complied and integrated into oscam which ran and found msising channels on card but did not clear so the reader-videoguard2.c file need re coding next - big task.............. we have 3 oscam coders and other working on this so a fix it is still being developed. Hopefully by Monday we should have some data to analsyse and a clearer picture
    Last edited by joe516; 8th April, 2017 at 04:02 PM.
    information given is to be used for educational purposes only
    Don't Forget To Say Thanks If You Like My Post
    IF YOU THINK A POST HAS BEEN USEFUL USE THE THANKS BUTTON
    If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joe516 For This Useful Post:

2redeyes (9th April, 2017), antomac (8th April, 2017), billboi (2nd May, 2017), chris31560 (11th April, 2017), chuckles53 (8th April, 2017), dovez0 (10th April, 2017), gingeee85 (9th April, 2017), gnashers (11th April, 2017), hammers2009 (10th April, 2017), toponetoe (29th April, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hi guys are they any further with the fix

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Hi guys are they any further with the fix
    No! afraid not

14. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

chuckles53 (11th April, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Are the guys still no further with the fix.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Are the guys still no further with the fix.
    Update 15/4/17
    Just a quick update for those who are not following in the Oscam forum.
    A couple of new coders have recently joined the debate over there and there is now a little group attacking this from a few different angles.
    The development and testing is a slow process but they are sticking with it at present to try and find the fix we all need.
    They have made some progress so far but because the options of where the problem lies are so vast it may be a long drawn out quest to possibly resolve the issues.
    So not really that much change but at least we know they are still working on it
    information given is to be used for educational purposes only
    Don't Forget To Say Thanks If You Like My Post
    IF YOU THINK A POST HAS BEEN USEFUL USE THE THANKS BUTTON
    If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joe516 For This Useful Post:

antomac (18th April, 2017), chris31560 (16th April, 2017), chuckles53 (17th April, 2017), Gazzy (16th April, 2017), hammers2009 (17th April, 2017), toponetoe (29th April, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Let's hope it's sorted before the fight

19. The Following User Says Thank You to chuckles53 For This Useful Post:

hammers2009 (18th April, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

oh aye forgot about the fight, im lucky ill be able to get on polsat boxing but would prefer english commentry, is bo on the dead transponder list then

21. The Following User Says Thank You to gingeee85 For This Useful Post:

hammers2009 (18th April, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gingeee85 View Post
    oh aye forgot about the fight, im lucky ill be able to get on polsat boxing but would prefer english commentry, is bo on the dead transponder list then
    Rtl on 19east are showing it on there free channel to ... but in german

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast