Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default VuDuo wont start following day

Hi

My VuDuo wont start with the remote after the following morning when I get up. I have to reboot from back of box again to start any issues why this might be?

I have EPG set to run at 4:00 in mornng using crossepg and save to HDD.

Never had this issues before. Done a reinstall flash a few times but problem comes back again.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Epg is more memory intensive on older boxes now and can cause a few problems.
    I'm assuming you are using vix image and it seems to be epg causing problem try creating a swap file from main menu>set up >vix section.
    If not that then turn off automatic download and see what happens tomorrow.
    May have to do a full reflash and re do new settings from start again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I have an ongoing problem with CrossEpg causing receiver to lock and crash. When this happens the only way to restart box is via the on/off switch. This was happening more often when I used to run Automatic search at 4:00 am like "unodat". Nowadays I run EPG manually but this problem still occurs. The other issue is that Telnet is not recognised during this occurance. The only time Telnet works is when the box is working OK and I am able to send any command eg opkg etc. and safely restarting box. In other words when I need to use Telnet it is not recognised. I have now deleted CrossEpg and only use EPGImport, When I was using the two epg’s could this be causing this problem?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Telnet won't work as box will be frozen. As you said box working on epg import I assume it's set for Rytec UK xmltv on sources. So clear configuration settings on crossepg and don't use. I assume also you don't have epg saving to internal flash as this would create problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I confirm that I am using " Rytec XML TV" for the following: France/Germany etc/Italy/Poland/Spain and UK XML TV. CrossEpg Plugin has been removed (I looked in Dream Explorer and can't find any reference to CrossEpg) EPG is stored in media/hdd. Do you say that it is normal that Telnet will not work when box is frozen? I thought that one of the advantages of Telnet was that it will restart/reboot your box when things wrong wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    I tried experiment last night. manually ran both EPGs last night, no problem. This AM run auto run EPG for EPGImport at 4.00 am and CrossEpg at 6.50 . This morning box was stuck and non responsive and clock at 6.50 approx (front panel is set for non scrolling)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tristan2000 View Post
    I confirm that I am using " Rytec XML TV" for the following: France/Germany etc/Italy/Poland/Spain and UK XML TV. CrossEpg Plugin has been removed (I looked in Dream Explorer and can't find any reference to CrossEpg) EPG is stored in media/hdd. Do you say that it is normal that Telnet will not work when box is frozen? I thought that one of the advantages of Telnet was that it will restart/reboot your box when things wrong wrong?

Why would you want to telnet when the rocker switch at rear of box can be flicked to restart it? No doubt when the box can't cope with operations because of inadequate ram and processor power it will freeze just as older computers do as well nowadays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGALMCD View Post
    Why would you want to telnet when the rocker switch at rear of box can be flicked to restart it? No doubt when the box can't cope with operations because of inadequate ram and processor power it will freeze just as older computers do as well nowadays.
    I thought it would become “bad practice” to continue (this makes me sound like I’m at work) to use the on/off rocker switch (actually I use the mains plug switch, because it is easier to get to). I now have given up on CrossEPG and only use EPGImport/Rytec. The box still locks up with CrossEPG. This morning around 10:00 am I setup Rytec and 11:00 am CrossEPG with no problems. Then in the afternoon set them up again and CrossEPG caused the box to lock. I've had enough of CrossEPG all together! BTW on another forum there appears to lots of messages about boxes locking during EPG

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i have 5 boxes all on openvix and use crossepg and have no issues at all but i save mine to external usb and never had issues,vu duo is an old slow box needing swapfile and cacheflush in use.
    powering off and on the duo might end up with on and starting with red light of death.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

@ op you need to turn off crossepg over night. If box is responsive next day then yes it's related to crossepg.

Most of the problems I've read here are more than likely bad memory units be it hdd or usb

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe I should have mentioned beforehand​ my box is a Miraclebox, and the epg is saved to 1tb hdd with 88% free disk space. Tonight I will only run Rytec at 4.00am and see how it goes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Before I go I want to thank all for your suggestions.
    Last edited by tristan2000; 3rd May, 2017 at 11:51 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

If I was you, I'd totally disable epg. I think your hdd is at fault regardless of image/box manufacturer

Cunny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cunny View Post
    If I was you, I'd totally disable epg. I think your hdd is at fault regardless of image/box manufacturer

Cunny
    Really, the hdd still records and playbacks, image backups still work no problem, maybe I should save epg to usb??

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Have you tried a different imageand not reflashed the same 1

And epg.data set to hdd?

How about channel scanning? Is that set to over night?
    Last edited by cunny; 4th May, 2017 at 12:03 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast