Epg refresh vs Rytec
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Epg refresh vs Rytec

Remember hearing rytec mentioned a lot a while back for cable epg setups , but more recent times hear about epg refresh , a relative has epg refresh on but when i looked at it seems to fill in very randomly was hardly anything there but steadily filled (in parts) as day progressed the settings for daily updates and times seem different to , question is does the rytec way still work and update in one go rather then filling in on the go (set a am update) , a little advise how to set it if Still works would be appreciated thx

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PutTheFootieOn View Post
    Remember hearing rytec mentioned a lot a while back for cable epg setups , but more recent times hear about epg refresh , a relative has epg refresh on but when i looked at it seems to fill in very randomly was hardly anything there but steadily filled (in parts) as day progressed the settings for daily updates and times seem different to , question is does the rytec way still work and update in one go rather then filling in on the go (set a am update) , a little advise how to set it if Still works would be appreciated thx
    Epg refresh for me is still the most accurate epg for cable if used correctly. It sounds like your relative hasn't configured epg refresh properly and/or has no space available for epg in designated download destination e.g. /media/usb to configure correct download start epg and set refresh epg automatically to yes, change stay times to 0600 for earliest start and 0610 for latest start (as long as these times are after autobouquets run) and set force ing in use to yes then press blue for edit services and make sure it's editing channels then blue for new then choose providers and choose your cable provider. Scroll down to PVR_EPG then ok then yellow for function and do your first scan. It'll update fine after that add long as there's space on your epg storage area. If you lose power to the box at any time during the day you will lose epg to scan manually again open epgrefresh and press yellow for functions then refresh

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happy_highlander For This Useful Post:

PutTheFootieOn (12th November, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thx for the reply , the auto boutique scan aint set that could be the problem, as it crashes the box when looks for the sly input side of things dunno how to make it Not scan or look for that side of it (no input or input set either) i can only set the scan to which one to scan first , will look at the epg refresh settings again though and what you said (using 16gb usb for epg only atm) cheers .
    Last edited by PutTheFootieOn; 12th November, 2017 at 09:00 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PutTheFootieOn View Post
    Thx for the reply , the auto boutique scan aint set that could be the problem, as it crashes the box when looks for the sly input side of things dunno how to make it Not scan or look for that side of it (no input or input set either) i can only set the scan to which one to scan first , will look at the epg refresh settings again though and what you said (using 16gb usb for epg only atm) cheers .
    Menu/setup/service searching/autobouquetmaker/providers/sky UK/no

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happy_highlander For This Useful Post:

PutTheFootieOn (12th November, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Menu/setup/service searching/autobouquetmaker/providers/sky UK/no

Cheers mate .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PutTheFootieOn For This Useful Post:

happy_highlander (12th November, 2017)