Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts

Default Convert ID44 to ID33

Hello friends -

I have a friend who ordered some chips from China and they are supposed to be for BMW Diamond head key PCF7935
    He has programmed these cars before using AK90 with chips from another supplier and never have problems.

Now he received these chips from new supplier in China and I think they are supposed to be ID33 but when read with Tango tells him ID44(Vag)
    He read his working chips and it shows ID33. So I think the chip is not prepared OK for BMW. When he read chip with VVDI, it tells him ID33.....

Question:

Can he reset PCF7936 ID44(VAG) and prepare as BMW? Or are these chips trash?

thanks in advance

-indienick

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

If they are id33 they are fixed code temic chips. Ie T5 chips.if this is the case, no,nothing you can do. Wrong chip. Another thing that happens with the BMW and Benz chips, slot of machines don't recognize them correctly and I'd them is Id 33 that can be copied to a t5.

T5 chips generally have no text on the chip, or some have the pcb visible on one side.

The one you need should say pcf7935as on them.

If you have a saved bios dump from an end of another BMW, try writing one. If it's the wrong chip it will let you know

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

PCF7930/PCF7931/PCF7935 are suitable for EWS system. Doesn't matter how it is recognized if it is correctly programmed the transponder will work OK.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gokart View Post
    PCF7930/PCF7931/PCF7935 are suitable for EWS system. Doesn't matter how it is recognized if it is correctly programmed the transponder will work OK.
    No its not true, once prepared transponder cant be prepared again. If you prepare pcf7935 for VW obd programming, that chip can be used for VW only, cant be changed his precode data, those chips are still virgine, but they are precoded for VW group only

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mikajna For This Useful Post:

indienick (17th April, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    606 Posts

i think that by mistake they send pcf7935 precoded for vag id44,no way to change precoding and use them for ews,he can try to send them back if it is large quantity
    Last edited by newone; 14th April, 2017 at 11:18 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikajna View Post
    No its not true, once prepared transponder cant be prepared again. If you prepare pcf7935 for VW obd programming, that chip can be used for VW only, cant be changed his precode data, those chips are still virgine, but they are precoded for VW group only
    Read it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gokart
    if it is correctly programmed the transponder will work OK.
    If he can't reprogram because of OTP it's obviously won't work.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts

To confirm -

ID 33 with Tango precoding is for BMW diamond head key? Anyone can answer for me please?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Read pcf7935 datasheet, take clear pcf7935 and play with some editor and you will know what you can do with that chips
    https://shop.chip-auto.net/datasheet/PCF7935.pdf

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Just put them into Tango and wipe it.... As i remember opel Id40 cannot erase and some others but Tango will give info on them in this case.
    Countless lockpicking stuff, AVDI Original, Tango, Orange 5, TMpro2, sooo mutch chinese stuffs from FVDI Full through VCDS to Benz key programmers, 3 cats and hopefully still 20 fingers......