CAT C13/C15 Emergency stop
Register
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default CAT C13/C15 Emergency stop

I have a question here, do C13/C15 Caterpillar engines have an emergency stop when ECM detect low oil pressure?
    Because I?m having some problems with a few Challenger with those engines. I have recently repair an engine that ran without oil and the ECM only register 1 oil low pressure failure but the engine never made an emergency stop.
    Today another customer makes me the same question, if the electronic engine doesn?t make an emergency stops when it detect that is running with/without oil pressure.
    Thank you in advance.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khein View Post
    I have a question here, do C13/C15 Caterpillar engines have an emergency stop when ECM detect low oil pressure?
    Because I?’m having some problems with a few Challenger with those engines. I have recently repair an engine that ran without oil and the ECM only register 1 oil low pressure failure but the engine never made an emergency stop.
    Today another customer makes me the same question, if the electronic engine doesn?’t make an emergency stops when it detect that is running with/without oil pressure.
    Thank you in advance.
    You have to set it to shut down with ET

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cnckulp View Post
    You have to set it to shut down with ET
    cnckulp can you tell me which option is it? I have already checked and didnt find where to.
    Thanks.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Attachment 445541
    Quote Originally Posted by Khein View Post
    cnckulp can you tell me which option is it? I have already checked and didnt find where to.
    Thanks.
    It is in parameter under engine monitoring.