Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Bosch VP44 - Speed signal sensor VCDS

Hi there,
    after checking my car via VCDS Lite few errors i get, one of them was engine speed signal.
    I changed it, but after reconecting via VCDS the error stills there, my car is also in "LIMP MODE"
    A mechanic told me the second speed sensor is builded in VP44 Injection Pump.

The question is, where can i check if the Speed signal sensor in my injection pump is working properly ?
    I really cant find anything on the web :/

Thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

hello only visually, you can check the grooves on the front side, what brand is the shaft sensor?
    If I helped, please, use magic buttons reputation+thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How do i check the brand of the sensor builded in the pump ? Are there some visible parts ?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

I meant the shaft sensor in the pump is bosch only they produce

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pawl For This Useful Post:

Tnick (20th March, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I mentioned above that im talking about BOSCH VP44, this is why i dont uderstand your guestion. Or maybe im dumb a little to understand what are u asking from me. Im hungarian, so i have some dificutlies with other languages, so im sorry if i missunderstand you.
    So ...
    The speed signal sensor i changed was between the crankshaft and the manual transimison, before was bosch and changed to hella. After change didnt fix the problem. (also i visualy checked it was in pretty good condition)
    So if i understand you well enough, i must unmount the injection pump ( because the second sensor is builded in the pump VP44, in other engines like the 1.8t are mounted on the left camshaft)
    Ater unmounting i must dissasemble it and check it visually ? Also wanna mention two important things here :
    The pump was rebuilded few months ago by bosch certificate service, and its also under 2 year warranty (so i guess its best to send them to inspect? )
    The most important guestion : i noticed on a belt change, one of the camshafts is around 4milimeters turned right, everything else "the second camshaft, crankshaft and the injection pump is perfectly timed-so they can be locked on the same time
    Can THIS TRIGGER THE SPEED SIGNAL SENSOR ?

Thank you so much for your time !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tnick For This Useful Post:

pawl (24th March, 2022)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

your English is ok my bad and so I can't get out of red, I remembered that there are three types of vp injection pumps and do you have the right one after refurbishment?
    my Polish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yes, i do have the same i send them. they fixed it and send me back, same serinal number etc ... i talked to them, the injection pump is under waranty, so they told me i need to send them and they will check ...
    Buuut, it takes a few days to send them because they are in Czech Rebuplic ... And takes few hour to disasembly from the engine, but i dont wanna doo it unless im 99 % that the problem is causing the injection pump ...
    Today i changed the time belt properly timed the Camhaft with the crankshaft also with the injection pump, the timing is pretty good, starts flawlesly, but i got the same problem,
    " LIMP MODE " The Glow Plug starts to blink limited RPM ... NOW THE FUN PART, i tried the car, runs pretty okey, even when in limp mode, then disconnected the MAF sensor, the car was also was in LIMP MODE with Glow plug lighting, but the RPM wasnt limited, i do wanna mention here the MAF Sensor was working properly, aaaaand, after around 4500rpm i heard i small crack, the TURBO i guess, see the following video :
    <span style="color: rgb(142, 142, 142);">

So fun with the car

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

and what do i show dtc. what errors do you have in the engine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actualy it was my oil pressure sesor blowed off , and you can hear it whistle ... i noticed it only the second day ...
    Only 1 fault i get, 01126 speed signal error which turned out its the sensor builded in the injection pump. I will send tomorrow to the shop where the renewed it for me, its under 1 year warranty ...
    But why the heck did my presure sensor blowed off no idea ... oil level is ok

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

these pumps can sometimes be very troublesome, I once had a wheel turned 180 °and the engine was running

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pawl For This Useful Post:

Tnick (30th March, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So it might be the oil pump ... hmm, what do you preffer ? Its expensive to change ?
    I checked many times the oil level was spot on, but the oil pressure sensor was blinking on higher rpms anyway ...
    You are talking about the wheel on the oil pump ? sliped ??

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

I'm talking about the vp44 pump wheel was turned, the car gave a lot of smoke and it worked, I would focus on this dtc 01126

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pawl For This Useful Post:

Tnick (2nd April, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh yes, it happened to me the exact same problem you are described for me 3-4 month ago, lot of smoke car runned but cant get over 3-4k rpm, then i send to rebuild my injection pump...
    After sened me back and mounted to my car, the problem was gone ... it had also turned wheel
    But i send them to re-check the injection pump because the 01126 code turned out its the speed signal sensor builded in the injection pump, i disconected the pump from the cable, and rechecked the codes via VCDS, and the error code was not there, i get only one code meaning my pump is disconnected ( but thats logical )
    So i need to wait few days 3-4 when i will recieve my pump back, and we will see ...
    Only one thing i can not explain, why was my oil pressure sensor blowned off