Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Default Password for files

Hi DK members,

I am wondering why does everyone always password files, is there such a rule? The way I look is that this is an open forum, I don't mind sharing any information, if members appreciate my help they will thank me and give me reputation, if they don't they don't, I will not cry about it. Is like they are trying to get as much thanks as they can, I'm not trying to be the best, I started to be a bit like everyone else when I first join the forum wanting thanks and rep, but I'm over it now. So when I share something I do it for everyone not just the people that only give you thanks and rep, I've seen so many post that members will ask for thanks and rep from other members just to read that the file they sent back is useless, ex: did not work, but thanks were given, which is fair enough because we are all trying to help and doesn't necessarily means it will work. If I download any file that is of use to me I thank whoever posted, even if it is and old post.

I am fun and thankful to be a part of this forum, it has been very helpful to me as far as files and knowledge.

I read this rule on the forum

35. And finally,DK is a sharing community which means we all give a bit and take a bit, NOT JUST TAKE !!!

Unless there is something I don't know. Have a nice day.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klaudio For This Useful Post:

just4upal (29th April, 2017), Meat-Head (28th April, 2017), Vpaul (3rd April, 2023)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts

hi mate i attached a list of common passwords on dk

the password for the rar is "passplease" good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files
    on a rich or poor discussion - PL & SP blood - only on bench

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to metercar For This Useful Post:

2560172885 (8th June, 2020), bushpig (2nd March, 2020), horbalazs (22nd March, 2024), klaudio (27th April, 2017), Meat-Head (28th April, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

"meat_head_is_gay" LOL

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mprog For This Useful Post:

bearheroes (27th April, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metercar View Post
    hi mate i attached a list of common passwords on dk

the password for the rar is "passplease" good luck
    Muchas gracias (Thank you very much)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mprog View Post
    "meat_head_is_gay" LOL
    Strange password surely some french friend
    on a rich or poor discussion - PL & SP blood - only on bench

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

And excatly to protect some members from breaking rule 35 is why you put a password ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by klaudio View Post
    I read this rule on the forum

35. And finally,DK is a sharing community which means we all give a bit and take a bit, NOT JUST TAKE !!!

Unless there is something I don't know. Have a nice day.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steveleo For This Useful Post:

Kinred (28th April, 2017), lion0304 (1st May, 2017), morgano (28th April, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveleo View Post
    And excatly to protect some members from breaking rule 35 is why you put a password ;-)
    Ummm, there's a lot of newbies that would not be able to give a bit, when I first started, I could not give any, now after a while, I am able to give some. Sometimes I tried to ask for help from this so password to ask by pm or post it, guess what, inbox full or never got the password after asking on post. Waste of time to ask.
    Lol , protect what? leechers, at one stage or another we are all leech one file here or there, so if you never leech a file that did not have a password and used it and work for you, by all means put a password on every file you want to share.

​Some people just want glory instead of acknowledgment.

Thanks and reputation is earned, not ask for.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by klaudio; 28th April, 2017 at 09:27 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to klaudio For This Useful Post:

AndyRambaran (14th May, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

Look. I think at the end anybody who want to protect his work for someone else can do this with a password. You give something free without password, help someone and a couple of days later you see your solution you gave free on forum in the sales department... If the things are simple there is no password needed.

If i for example put a password on the file then i send it the same moment i post the file to the guys pm box. So at the end you choose if you thank or not. This PM for Rep&Thx, yes, that sucks. I fully agree.

Have a nice day.

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mprog View Post
    "meat_head_is_gay" LOL
    The rules also state no flaming new members!

and you are??

mprog

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

metercar (2nd May, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveleo View Post
    Look. I think at the end anybody who want to protect his work for someone else can do this with a password.

This PM for Rep&Thx, yes, that sucks. I fully agree.

If anybody who want to protect his work with someone else "should not share at all, if they know that someone, it should be ask by pm, not in open forum for everyone to see if they don't want to share" If they don't know them is just as good as any member of the forum asking for help, give a little without asking for rewards.

Have a nice day.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

Dude, i think we are stuck here :-D. Did somebody hurt your feelings by not giving you a password? This is a open forum and everybody decides what to do with HIS work. Oh, and check your "Thanked". We both joined same month last year. But why did i thank other guys work 10 times more??

Cheers

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steveleo For This Useful Post:

bearheroes (30th April, 2017), lion0304 (1st May, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Is not that I'm hurt, I did a few thanks and rep, try to pm for pass inbox is full, so you can never get a pw, also seen post from other members saying my inbox is getting full, here is the pw, the way I look at it if you want to offer pw by pm, at least they could empty the inbox once in a while so you can pass the pw, instead of looking everyday to see if the inbox is not full and also avoid 5 pages of people asking for pw on that particular post. So i wonder if people let their inbox full to get heaps of thanks, they should post videos better, probably get more views than thanks,

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts

hello Password is important The reason we share good people here information But it is not good to share an encrypted vehicle file without a password
    Not everybody here can be a locksmith This is my thought thanks
    ​information sharing

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

Hehe, yes. But i think these Rep-Hunters are guys that upload sw they found somewhere, put a password on top and fish for rep and thanks. Same shit happens if they find a sw, put winlicense on top of a free or cracked sw and then fish for Thx/Rep for sending the registration. It's a different story if you passprotect a dataset for one specific car. And anybody who asked (and had sent a least some thanks to other guys) received the password. At least from me.

Is not that I'm hurt, I did a few thanks and rep, try to pm for pass inbox is full, so you can never get a pw, also seen post from other members saying my inbox is getting full, here is the pw, the way I look at it if you want to offer pw by pm, at least they could empty the inbox once in a while so you can pass the pw, instead of looking everyday to see if the inbox is not full and also avoid 5 pages of people asking for pw on that particular post. So i wonder if people let their inbox full to get heaps of thanks, they should post videos better, probably get more views than thanks,

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

DK is free help, not free leech. And no one is OBLIGUED TO HELP. That's why passwords are set. I help the one i want and when i want. I decide who i spread my knowledge with. Of course the REP recollectors mentioned before exist and are between us, and leechers that come ask help and after that no thanks no report no nothing, just fly until the next time their ass is in flames with a problem. Passwords are for them too.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to morgano For This Useful Post:

lion0304 (1st May, 2017), metercar (2nd May, 2017), rafal (29th April, 2017), Shmortz (29th April, 2017), steveleo (29th April, 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast