Need help to know if vag edc17 eep matches mpc and can be decoded MAC PIN CS...
Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Default Need help to know if vag edc17 eep matches mpc and can be decoded MAC PIN CS...

Hello.

I have here an edc17c46 ecu, it is immo offed in MPC, and i suspect eeprom does not match original IntFl, can someone try to decode
    MAC, PIN, CS... to see if really MPC and Eep are paired. Car started with the ecu but dash looked like christmas tree (said by owner).

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

WAUZZZ8R8BA110020
    ID
    CS 6B39C2219CC652
    MAC C5E1 A990
    PIN 07120
    Immo 5
    Status Immo off

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ciekawy For This Useful Post:

morgano (30th April, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

This seems to be a Immo5 ECU (16byte CS) and the eep is pretty sure not original. The data decoded does not make much/any sense. And even if not Immo5 the data is still senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by morgano View Post
    Hello.

I have here an edc17c46 ecu, it is immo offed in MPC, and i suspect eeprom does not match original IntFl, can someone try to decode
    MAC, PIN, CS... to see if really MPC and Eep are paired. Car started with the ecu but dash looked like christmas tree (said by owner).

Thanks
    Last edited by steveleo; 30th April, 2017 at 09:00 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steveleo For This Useful Post:

morgano (30th April, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Hi again guyd, thanks for the help given, i have another eeprom that may match the MPC posted before, i upload here, can you check again if can be decoded and if data has more sense? Would like to have this C46 with matched MPC and EEP before i start to play with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

Both datasets decode the same CS: C5E16B39C2219CC652A990D01B62DCA7. Immo cloned or so? When i checked them both again it was a little bit strange that the first two bytes of the immoblock are here with data. they usually are 00 00. I think best way would be to check DTCs. Will give more info than "shines like a christmas tree" ;-)

Btw, i checked your flash and it's one with a "flash immo off" patch.

Quote Originally Posted by morgano View Post
    Hi again guyd, thanks for the help given, i have another eeprom that may match the MPC posted before, i upload here, can you check again if can be decoded and if data has more sense? Would like to have this C46 with matched MPC and EEP before i start to play with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steveleo For This Useful Post:

morgano (2nd May, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Yes, would be fine be able to test on car, but car left workshop time ago, this one ecu was given to me as is, no car. Was a gift for me, car finally had to go dealer and fit new ecu so this one in this state was useless for my friend and gave to me to play with.

He bought it somewhere with that flash immo off already and messed eeprom. Waste of money.