DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

It will might help someone out there...
    Hit Thanks if helped you!
    Thank You for the help!
    "A Wise Man can see more from the bottom of a well than a Fool can see from the top of a mountain."

http://www.youtube.com/c/LMAutoRepairs

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lmsvvavr For This Useful Post:

djtirzi (5th September, 2018), gegetos (25th March, 2018), rosak (15th December, 2017), sagie (28th April, 2019), SARGIAN (11th November, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Imsvvavr your youtube channel is great ant thanks for thousand for the content you create, but with this cluster it's not always that easy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rosak For This Useful Post:

lmsvvavr (15th December, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rosak View Post
    Imsvvavr your youtube channel is great ant thanks for thousand for the content you create, but with this cluster it's not always that easy
    Hi

I know is not always that easy... But just thought about sharing it...
    Thank you for your comment!
    Thank You for the help!
    "A Wise Man can see more from the bottom of a well than a Fool can see from the top of a mountain."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hello As it goes everything?, the dash that have I, does not work the screen where marks hour, radio. Repair all the part of feeding, but do not think that was him problem since the main screen works without problems. Only it is the small, does not light neither does at all.
    Somebody had an alike case?
    A greeting.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Hi.
    Read: https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum....php?p=2913783
    Resolder 2 resistor with zero resistance. It's work solution.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serg1o For This Useful Post:

djtirzi (5th September, 2018), gooliaath (17th March, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serg1o View Post
    Hi.
    Read: https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum....php?p=2913783
    Resolder 2 resistor with zero resistance. It's work solution.
    Thank you very much, it was not the same as the image but I found the resistance that could have the problem. He has revived.
    a greeting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

still struggling with the dashboard after changing components and resolding but mine is now dimmed (can see the values but lacks light) on the left side and completely off on the right side (clock, radio and Temp.)?

could someone have an idea?

regards,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for providing this software I was desperate to find!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys,
    I just got the dreaded dead dashboard in my Scenic 2. I had a flickering display for 2 weeks then it just died completely. i have read a lot on this forum but I havent seen any replies relevant to my problem below.
    I found a replacement dash from the UK on ebay (i'm in NL) for 30 euro and when I connected it I got loads of small errors. The speedo and main functions work so I can now safely drive the car which is nice, but the 'drivers door opened' is not registered on dash while all other doors are displayed, the wheel sensors are not seen, the radio is not working at all etc. The dashboard lights all do work as they light up on the power up self test. The number on white sticker of the dash was different btw.
    Can I just copy the EEPROM to resolve these issues or is there a difference in the hardware in the different dashboard models that can't be overcome?. I can see that the old dash has already been repaired so I am a bit annoyed that this is such a persistent fault. If it cant be resolved with an EEPROM flash then I will have to resort to a full repair of the old unit.
    Thanks for any help
    Mike

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikefiatx19 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I just got the dreaded dead dashboard in my Scenic 2. I had a flickering display for 2 weeks then it just died completely. i have read a lot on this forum but I havent seen any replies relevant to my problem below.
    I found a replacement dash from the UK on ebay (i'm in NL) for 30 euro and when I connected it I got loads of small errors. The speedo and main functions work so I can now safely drive the car which is nice, but the 'drivers door opened' is not registered on dash while all other doors are displayed, the wheel sensors are not seen, the radio is not working at all etc. The dashboard lights all do work as they light up on the power up self test. The number on white sticker of the dash was different btw.
    Can I just copy the EEPROM to resolve these issues or is there a difference in the hardware in the different dashboard models that can't be overcome?. I can see that the old dash has already been repaired so I am a bit annoyed that this is such a persistent fault. If it cant be resolved with an EEPROM flash then I will have to resort to a full repair of the old unit.
    Thanks for any help
    Mike
    Hi
    Just have someone with clip to connect it to the car and configure all the options... most likely that is the reason why you have all those faults...
    Copy the data on the eeprom is another option... but if the hardware is different it might bring you more issues... clip is probably your best option... I guess...
    😋👍👍👍👍
    Thank You for the help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmsvvavr View Post
    Hi
    Just have someone with clip to connect it to the car and configure all the options... most likely that is the reason why you have all those faults...
    Copy the data on the eeprom is another option... but if the hardware is different it might bring you more issues... clip is probably your best option... I guess...
    😋👍👍👍👍
    Thanks for the info.
    Yeah I guess that's an option but I was unsure where the wheel sensor and radio ID data was stored. If it's in the dash EEPROM then it seems logical that it's now not working but if the data is in the car's ECU then I have a bigger problem I need to address.

I might buy the Ebay kit to repair the old dash and see if that works but I am not sure what level of skill is required to do the soldering work. I can solder but SMD soldering is a bit of a pain. At least if I fix the old one I can sell on the replacement I bought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there, just a quick post so I will be able to download the fist guide, and start working on this

Best regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there,

just a quick post so I will be able to download guide,

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good evening ,

in dashboard my grand tour scenic 2005 everything is ok, only the fuel gauge is totally dark and shows nothing.
    can maybe someone tell me which component (diode, resistors, capacitors, etc) should be soldered or replaced?

regards, Reza
    Last edited by shreza; 18th October, 2018 at 06:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If will useful for smb.
    I had repaird dash scenic2 witout car, I was connecting it to my pc on tadle via CanHacker.
    Command to switch on
    Message1Id=35D
    Message1DLC=8
    Message1Data=10 03 20 00 00 00 50 00
    to switch off
    Message3Id=35D
    Message3DLC=8
    Message3Data=10 04 20 00 00 00 50 00

Last edited by chipinvader; 28th October, 2018 at 11:31 AM. Reason: correct

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chipinvader For This Useful Post:

danielif (17th June, 2019), lisodemul (26th March, 2022), okm (3rd May, 2020)