Basic guide to install iptv on Samsung and LG smart TVs. (No box needed)
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Basic guide to install iptv on Samsung and LG smart TVs. (No box needed)

What with the current issues with transponders being turned off and losing channels on receivers, i thought i'd share this quick guide i made for installing iptv directly onto your Samsung or LG smart TV.
    It's a very easy process that doesn't require an external box, and can give you back all your important channels including movies and sports in HD.

Any questions, i'l try to help.

1. Open up smart hub on samsung tv
    2. Go to 'categories' at the bottom then 'video' and look for smart iptv app.
    3. install app and open.
    4. on the right hand sight there will be a box showing the mac address of your TV. Make a note of this.
    5. get a test or full subscription from an iptv supplier just like you would a cline.
    6. go to smart iptv webpage here:
    7. click on 'my list' at the top of the page
    8. in the top box where it says 'upload your local iptv playlist' enter the mac address for your tv and browse to the .m3u file your supplier sent you and upload it.
    (change checkbox to your chosen country).
    9. if your supplier only sent you a url you can use the 'add external playlist links' box to paste here instead then upload.
    10. Go back to your tv and restart the app. - all your channels should now be there

The smart iptv app will need activating after your initial 7 day trial. It only cost a one off fee of about ?4.50 and can be done at: http://siptv.eu/activation/ by entering your tv mac address.

(This fee is for activating the app only and not a subscription for iptv channels. ? this must be purchased separately)
    Most of these same steps also apply to LG smart TVs. The smart iptv app will be available in the LG content store under the apps and games tab.

Good luck.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hovabyte For This Useful Post:

mjon (20th May, 2017), Proper Job (23rd May, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anytime i've used the samsung app its always had buffering problems. Even after adjusting the buffering settings. Interested to hear if anyone who uses it is happy with it.

J.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the free ones do, if you get a proper IPTV sub it will be fine, been running it on my sammy for ages, all channels full HD.

really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebhoy View Post
    Anytime i've used the samsung app its always had buffering problems. Even after adjusting the buffering settings. Interested to hear if anyone who uses it is happy with it.

J.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rough Daimond For This Useful Post:

Joebhoy (19th May, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I think with the Samsungs especially if your using a wi-fi connection with the TV it all depends on the model, I have a 3 year old smart samsung (dualcore)located around 6 feet from my router and on the very odd occasion can seem to have a hickup. I recently bought a Samsung 4K with the latest processor (quadcore) and perhaps it has a better wi-fi chipset but the newer model has Zero problems.

I would say it all depends on the age of the TV say switching from a dual core processor to a quad core in later models and possibly better wi-fi chipsets 5G compared to 2G

7. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

Joebhoy (19th May, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    I think with the Samsungs especially if your using a wi-fi connection with the TV it all depends on the model, I have a 3 year old smart samsung (dualcore)located around 6 feet from my router and on the very odd occasion can seem to have a hickup. I recently bought a Samsung 4K with the latest processor (quadcore) and perhaps it has a better wi-fi chipset but the newer model has Zero problems.

I would say it all depends on the age of the TV say switching from a dual core processor to a quad core in later models and possibly better wi-fi chipsets 5G compared to 2G

you could be right. both my samsungs are quad core, connected by wifi and very fast. I have an older samsung I didn't even waste my time trying with cos its slow even with basic dlna/upnp local streaming

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I've a hard wired Samsung 4k with no issues at all, so I'd agree it has to be wifi.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can I take it from what you have written that you do not even need to have a Sly box? As every thing will through IPV?

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Just want to mention not really add, I ran iptv on my in laws smart LG tv, it's 4k so I'm assuming it's fairly recent. Used the app mentioned in a previous post and I must say, i was really impressed with the interface, quality etc (might just be me as im new to iptv). There were no issues at all. Now ordered a few iptv set ups and that's coming from someone who already has a motorised satellite dish etc. Kinda wish I'd discovered it before

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lewey View Post
    Can I take it from what you have written that you do not even need to have a Sly box? As every thing will through IPV?

Thats right. if you have a smart samsung or lg tv, or even one of their smart cinema systems/blu-ray players, all you need is to download the app and enter your subscription details

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

are there any cheap boxes to get to use IPTV if you dont have a smart TV, or does it work well on the amazon fire stick?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

working perfect here on the Amazon fire stick
    Wot problems you having with it mate ..............Paul
    If your Happy with the Help push the Thanx button
    PAUL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

is there any way to make the iptv app open on powering up the tv? so straight to your channels?