Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xtool & obdstar

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ray Ray I was looking into getting another tool to fill the gap with what I have, I have been sticking to OBDstar because what I thought happened was that xtool was stealing tech from obdstar, anyway I dont know full story, I have x300 from obdstar, and there f103 or what ever depending on model I need to play with.....I was looking into getting a tablet for the USA....I saw x431 via Bluetooth matching Honda ECU 1 2 3 super easy....I want to get what ever is doing that...just so confused...they have xpad 1 xpad 2, I dont even know what I am looking for from them anymore...maybe you can guide me. I know how to match Honda ECU Manually but nice when you can all via obd change vin via obd etc. I saw this...http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Ship-XTO...4AAOSwvihY9Bbf

Maybe you can guide me what to get...I dont need audi and vw because I have vvdi2 for bmw and audi and vw etc...

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ok, so just a update, used my OBDstar x300 pro, yesterday it was able to match and change vin on honda 123 all by OBD, guess there is a lot of things this thing can do that they dont list, kind of had to discover, anyway thank you for any possible input...

I am still curious about getting a xtool product in the future, just no idea if there is any gaps to be filled that can be with xtool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can confirmed it reads PIN code & program keys for a 2008 Jeep Wrangler, and appears to be accessing all other modules on that vehicle.
    I also connected it to a 2001 Ford Sport Trac and it seemed to access all functions well.
    Also, on both of these vehicles it appeared to work fast.

x300 dp has more Chinese car coverage
    for other makes, i havent compare
    Last edited by ljya; 17th October, 2017 at 05:03 AM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I have bought obdstar pad last week and till now i am not very impressed with it. The hardware material looks solid and good, but the software doesn't seem to function 100%, it failed to read pin code on a peugeot, and there is many functions in the software that are still not activated (like key renew). The diagnose function doesnt cover much cars.\
    that is my first impression...i am not saying the tool is not good, i am just not impressed by it. i don't know if the xtool unit is better...

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

One big word of advice averyone with x300 dp, my one didn't come up with 6 V power adapter, so not knowingly connected it to 9V, and its dead, lots of component change ,still dead . the company asked me to send it to them, but I didn't trust them, so I bought a new pcb board for $100, and its over a month that its stuck in Hong kong office, spoke with the seller, but she keeps playing "me know nothing", so you have been warned with obd star miss Vivian.
    Last edited by nazz2; 19th October, 2017 at 12:20 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nazz2 For This Useful Post:

ascotauto (9th November, 2017), dimitar (19th October, 2017)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Locker View Post
    I have bought obdstar pad last week and till now i am not very impressed with it. The hardware material looks solid and good, but the software doesn't seem to function 100%, it failed to read pin code on a peugeot, and there is many functions in the software that are still not activated (like key renew). The diagnose function doesnt cover much cars.\
    that is my first impression...i am not saying the tool is not good, i am just not impressed by it. i don't know if the xtool unit is better...
    for Key Renew, it need the key renew adapter to work with it

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazz2 View Post
    One big word of advice averyone with x300 dp, my one didn't come up with 6 V power adapter, so not knowingly connected it to 9V, and its dead, lots of component change ,still dead . the company asked me to send it to them, but I didn't trust them, so I bought a new pcb board for $100, and its over a month that its stuck in Hong kong office, spoke with the seller, but she keeps playing "me know nothing", so you have been warned with obd star miss Vivian.
    X300 dp package only has a 5V adapter for charging and a 12V adapter for power on

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I dont think that 1 volt makes a big difference vivian! but nice of you to show up here and help,perhaps you can shed some light on new vag rfid box ,and a manual,types of dash covered,procedures for spare/lost key for vag etc.thanks for the info.
    Last edited by nazz2; 30th October, 2017 at 07:46 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Obdstar or xtool same shit

Mess with the chinese and you get the horns

Chinese tools works on japanese and chinese vehicles 80%

With american cars 50%

And european cars 20% maybe less
    50w Soldering Iron
    Chisel
    Sometimes Hammer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi!
    I agree with you! I have bought a xtool x100 pad2 and European cars 0%.
    Which for European cars you recommend?
    Thanks.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rolovalero View Post
    Hi!
    I agree with you! I have bought a xtool x100 pad2 and European cars 0%.
    Which for European cars you recommend?
    Thanks.
    But dont work on european brands like puegeot, Citroen, Renault, etc? Or for example works in china hondas and dont work in european hondas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

jeje...I have tried two cars, but 0% results. VW polo 2007 and Citroen Jumpy 2004. The first one to make a key copy and the second to diagnosis.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,460 Posts

What type of Peugeot.
    Year?
    series?
    type of bsi?
    HW SW version?
    Updated version?
    Keyless go or regular key?
    With working key, or all keys lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Locker View Post
    Last edited by rob h; 19th January, 2018 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

XTool X100 PAD 2 seems to be getting a lot of updates for Australian cars,
    Just last week an update was pushed out that included a number of larger brands here (Holden, Isuzu, etc).

Perhaps those 60-80 engineers for XTool are smaller teams, based on different continents?

Currently, I haven't seen much of OBDSTAR for Australia cars.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,206 Posts

Jimmy was in Australia for a month, but the Locksmith did not have much car to work on.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

electrobop (26th January, 2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast