Channel Search - Help Needed
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Channel Search - Help Needed

So I've returned to the cable scene and are trying to set up my HTPC to show VM cable channels.

I know that that the cable is producing a signal. I've plugged the VM cable into my HTPC DVB-T tuner (using DVB Viewer software) and done a generic search, but no channels showed up :-(

I've gone into the settings on my TiVo box and the frequencies of different channels are showing up as 603000KHz (BBC2), 379000KHz (Dave) and 699000KHz (4Seven) all on QAM256.

What I'm not sure about is whether I am supposed to be searching under these frequencies or whether I am supposed to be searching under my Net ID (00004 755.000 6.887)??

One other question; if I do finally pick up these channels, will I actually be able to watch them or does VM actually encrypt the "free" channels as well?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I am not clued up on the HTPC side of things as what i used to be blame that on the Nvidia Shield, as far as the free channels you should be able to receive the basic BBC/ITV/CH4/5 as well as few others but all HD/SD premium are fully encrypted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

billybob69 (4th June, 2017)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have been playing with a dazzle e71 dvb-t tuner and vm feed,In dvbviewer there is an option to scan for sat,cable,or terrestrial.With my stick only being able to scan dvb-t feeds it picks up about 45 freeview channel when you scan from 700.000 mhz upto the 850.000 mhz,If your tuner can scan dvb-c,the option to scan for channels will be hi-lighted at the bottom and on the same options page you can put all your local area details in.If you can scan on dvb-c you want to be looking at hadu or other plugins.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

thought it odd scanning on dvb/t as used with an aerial,and tuner in need would need dvb/c for vm feed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks all for the replies.

Eventually I tested it with 'ole faithful' (my Ferguson 153 box) and found the channels by scanning across the different frequencies (i.e. not just on 755000KHz). So when I knew where I was supposed to be scanning and still couldn't get the channels on my HTPC, I knew it was something wrong with the HTPC setup. I reinstalled the drivers for the TV card (6281) and hey presto, channels found.

Quote Originally Posted by 12345guy12345 View Post
    If you can scan on dvb-c you want to be looking at hadu or other plugins.
    Have previously used AcamD, so will have to re-read all the previous research that I did on the plugin ;-)