Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Digital Kaos AV Set Up Thread!

Hopefully this doesnt exist as I couldnt find one... if not why not? haha

ok. Anyways this thread is for members to tell/show each other what AV equipment they have and maybe even post a picture... this I thought would be a great idea (though highly unoriginal).

Not only can we brag but also let people know what is out there and let people share ideas for presentation etc.
    Last edited by Sig-gotyouth; 5th August, 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK... let's go...

Dream Media DM500C (Clone from dvbseller.com)
    Sony Bravia KDL-46V4000 *bought yesterday waiting for delivery*
    Sony Location Free Player LF-PK1
    Sony Playstation 3 (40GB UK Version)
    Sony Playstation 3 (60GB PS2 backwards compatible Jap Version)
    Sony Playstation Portable Slim and Light (piano black)

plus more.. will put my old ass audio setup that was my dads old one from the late 70's later when Im home haha... I'm missing stuff but will update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting thread and only read it as im looking for a new setup.

Currently have a Samsung LE46S86BDX (46" LCD) which cost over a ?1000 a year ago. I bought a new stand recently and wanted to go all out black.

I was looking for a good sound system (as the old one was silver and past its best) and was going to go for the new Samsung HT-X810R/XEU (?400). Its a soundbar system (instead of classic 5.1) which would look good on the top shelf Wireless sub as well!

Also looking at the new dreambox 600pvr (?200) to replace my dbox so that I could have pvr functionality (also pausing live tv).

Just about to make the purchases then some bugger mentioned the LG HR352SC... an all in 1 sound system with pvr, dvd writer etc. Not only this but the price had dropped from ?330 to ?130 in a certain store (amazon still has full price!)

So what the hell, I bought this to see if it was any good. If not I would just put it upstairs (hello its only ?130!). To my supprise its actually quite good and its staying there for the moment!

I also have my pc (in the other room) connected to the tv using the vga and audio cable (run under the floor). I have a wireless keyboard (with built in mouse) so I can watch movies, play music and log onto youtube etc in the living room. Playing this through the sound system is excellent!

I've attached pics of the setup along with the other things I mentioned.

... oh don't forget the wii in the pic as well... superb fun but would be better if it came in black!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hotbaws11; 10th August, 2008 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ok guys, don’t be shy!
    I know some of you are probably thinking your equipment isn’t big enough or fancy enough but let me re-assure you, as long as it works that’s the main thing.

Here is the setup I have in my livingroom

Tevion 42” Tv
    Dreambox 500
    Medion multimedia PC connected to both a monitor and the TV
    5.1 surround sound
    Wii
    Normal cable box

That’s all I need, that and a couple of couches!

I have a small living room so no point in a 7.1 surround sound I’d have no-where to sit the middle two speakers, so its three at the front and the two which should be behind have to go to the side of the couch as couch is against the wall!

I can record from my dreambox or normal cable box to my PC hard drive.
    I can play my DVDs and music on my PC so no separate DVD or music centre required.
    I can watch videos, films, etc from my PC on the tv.

My computer is 5 years old now but it is still more than capable of handling anything I want it to do. I did have to put a Zalman fan on the graphics boards as it had a habit of overheating.
    I am looking into the possibility of upgrading my PC but not until next year and it will probably be another Medion as I think you can’t get any better spec for your money than them, it’s all branded parts they use and a 3 year warranty. If anyone is interested this is the latest one available through Aldi which looks pretty good apart from it having windows vista, which I’m not keen on. I think I would need to change it to xp and I would fit another Zalman fan to keep it all nice n cool.
    http://www.medion.de/ms/aldi/md8393/uk/flash.html I think it’s a good deal for ?470
    Last edited by Dreamer; 6th August, 2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: speeeling

The Falkirk Wheel. The only rotating boat lift of its kind in the world

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Hmmm,

Casio calculator
    Bontempi voice recorder upgraded after fisher price model failed.
    Commodore 64

Seems I am not into this 'bragging' about my toys, will leave it to you guys. should be on 'Cribbs' or something where you can bling yourself up and go on about the prices and ma 'beeeatches'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Loewe aconda 32" CRT
    dreambox 500c
    Cyrus 7 CD, amp, smart power amp and psxrs
    missions 782 speakers
    Russ Andrews Ultra PurifierBlock
    Xbox 360
    looking at a new tv just now not sure what to go for? but I'm thinking about the new pioneer plasma 5090 to replace my 10 year old Loewe aconda CRT that pulses green when its first switched on, making me think its on its way out ? the wife wants the living room done up after the year and I'm thinking of trading in my Cyrus hi fi system for a all singing dancing home cinema set up when we are getting the work done. Again not sure what to go for but it will be fun going round all the dealers demoing the different set ups. i did this when i got my Cyrus system a few years ago. i will be doing the same if the wife lets me get the home cinema set up. its a great way to waste a saturday afternoon testing all the different set ups.