magbox 254 or zgemma box .. whats the difference between them please
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default magbox 254 or zgemma box .. whats the difference between them please

Hi all, was hoping someone could tell me the difference between the magbox 254 and the zgemma box ..which one gives the best service ..signal ..ie less glitching ..freezing ..thankyou

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Zgemma 100%
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

They are for completely different things. Yes you can get the zgemma to do something similar to the mag but if you have to ask what the difference is you need to spend a few hours with google and reading

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to happy_highlander For This Useful Post:

minelab (10th June, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minelab View Post
    Hi all, was hoping someone could tell me the difference between the magbox 254 and the zgemma box ..which one gives the best service ..signal ..ie less glitching ..freezing ..thankyou
    Depends on service your looking for.
    Cable or satalite then the zgemma as can cater for both.

Iptv then the mag.

These are 2 different types of box for different methods of viewing TV

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cunny For This Useful Post:

minelab (9th February, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi minelab,If you are talking about the zgemma i55 iptv box,it has the same specs more or less as
    the mag 254.I am guessing the build quality of the mag is better and it looks like the zgemma is
    a clone,more or less, of the mag.My advice would be to buy a mag 256 as it has twice the specs
    of the 254 and will support H.265(HEVC),making it more future proof.Cheers

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Thats not quite correct the Zgemma i55 runs the same chipset as the Zgemma H. series of satellite and cable receivers and it also just runs Enigma2 software. The MAG series of receivers run the Stalker/Portal software which is totally different

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi digicon,the mag boxes run on a closed source linux os,but they support stalker middleware,the zgemma runs on e2 linux and supports stalker middlehare(spelling correct),whatever that is?
    Yes they have different main chips,but the flash and ram are the same at 256 and 512.Not much info on the STiH 207 chip in the mag,perhaps the BCM 7362 in the zgemma is superior,no idea.
    Zgemma do not appear to support this box at all,and are relying on e2 teams for support.Mags have steady support from infomir.By the way,thank you for all your time on here and the knowledge
    and information gained.Cheers

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

The MAG and a lot of Closed source receivers use the STi chipset they do so because the Firmware is locked and not Open Source as what is used in Enigma2 linux which is open source and generally STB's use BCM chipsets for this very reason.

My point was you cant use as you rightly said the Portal software on any Enigma2 device as it is Closed source for the MAG receivers only.

Nearly all Closed source are Semi-Linux hybrids even the official Sky HD box runs a closed source Linux software