DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Default 2007 Mazda CX-7 PCM replacement

Hi, I need your help with this car:

2007 Mazda CX-7 2.3L Turbo

I replaced the PCM with a used unit from ebay. I used Mazda IDS v105.06.

I follow this steps:

- Go to Module reprogramming > Programmable Module Installation, the program ask if VIN number is correct, I choose "No" then I write the original VIN of car, programming finished without any issues.

-Go to BODY > Pats Functions, then the program give me two Outcodes: HEC and PCM, I get the incodes and the program accept the incodes : "Security Access Granted", then choose "Parameter Reset" program responds : "Operation Successfull".

-Go to "Erase and reprogram keys" , program ask what module was replaced, I choose "PCM", program ask for two keys, I follow the steps and program the two keys, the car starts perfect, no DTCs present.

The problem: I can't change the VIN number.
    Xprog Box Original, UPA Original, GromCalcTool,TL866A, Willem PCB50, Masterprog, NecProg, Orion, Ponyprog, Carprog, Renesas H8SX, MT60/80, SPC560 programmers,Obdstar X300DP, EZ500, CHIPSOFT MID,SKP1000,Cantool, SuperVag 3.0, Vag Commander, Vagcom Original, Launch x431 Pad, Witech OEM, Ford VCM II OEM, Mazda VCM II, Volvo Vida-Dice, Hyundai & Kia GDS, MUT III, Mastertech VCI, EASE j2534, Ford & Mazda VCX, TS401, Cardaq-m, DIS 5.7, VAS5054 Plus, Tachopro 2.0 & 2008.01, Vag K+Can, JLR v141.....

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I already replaced many PCM in Mazda cars, Mazda 3, Mazda 5, Mazda 6, Mazda Tribute... , and I can change the VIN number too, but in this car I can't change the VIN number. I also tried with Ecu reprogramming but the software in PCM is the last one, there is not any update available...

Also I readed the PCM with KESS v2 by OBD, edited the VIN in readed file but I can't change the VIN, even if I use writing or Recovery mode in KESS v2 software.
    Xprog Box Original, UPA Original, GromCalcTool,TL866A, Willem PCB50, Masterprog, NecProg, Orion, Ponyprog, Carprog, Renesas H8SX, MT60/80, SPC560 programmers,Obdstar X300DP, EZ500, CHIPSOFT MID,SKP1000,Cantool, SuperVag 3.0, Vag Commander, Vagcom Original, Launch x431 Pad, Witech OEM, Ford VCM II OEM, Mazda VCM II, Volvo Vida-Dice, Hyundai & Kia GDS, MUT III, Mastertech VCI, EASE j2534, Ford & Mazda VCX, TS401, Cardaq-m, DIS 5.7, VAS5054 Plus, Tachopro 2.0 & 2008.01, Vag K+Can, JLR v141.....