Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPTV help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default IPTV help

Hi guys and/or gals
    I have a TM 5042 M3 HD CI, I have decided that I will give iptv a try but I haven't got a clue how to go about it. I have done a factory reset on my box (after a back up of course) and I would like some help with what I have to d/l and apply so my box will receive iptv, and how I would go about it. I've done a search but nothing is found and I'm at the stage where my hair is thinning and I can't afford to lose any more.
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hi M8 you need extream editor or with putty prog
    its bit triky

3. The Following User Says Thank You to advisor For This Useful Post:

pedro892r (30th June, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

You need to patch your M3,ie put patch firmware on it,to use the IPTV function(backup your data first):

1 Download the latest patch for the M3 from here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...o=file&id=3572
    2 Unzip this file,put it on a usb device and connect the usb device to the M3.
    3 Download the firmware by hitting the menu button then scrolling and clicking ok on USB/External Devices then USB Up/Down/File Manger
    You should see the files on the usb device with the firmware,if you don't because you have another devices connected then use the yellow button to select
    the correct disk.Scroll to the M3 firmware you downloaded and press ok.This loads the firmware and reboots the box.
    4 I haven't used iptv but to get the list of channels you press the f4 button.This will access the list that comes with the firmware,very few of these channels will work.
    5 To get a new iptv list google m3u file for iptv .You get free and trials ones and pay ones .Download file and get onto the box using the same procedure as above for firmware download(including unzipping or unraring if necessary)
    Good luck and cheers
    Last edited by markwi; 30th June, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to markwi For This Useful Post:

pedro892r (30th June, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent, just what I was looking for, thanks a lot, I'll crack on with that when I get home. Looks the same as any other patching and I've done that plenty but I just wanted to make sure there was nothing different. Gave you a rep point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you know of a good I**V S*r**r? and is it possible to upload more than one m3u list to the box?
    cheers
    Last edited by pedro892r; 30th June, 2017 at 03:10 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

No,sorry,but you can test them out before you pay,I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markwi View Post
    You need to patch your M3,ie put patch firmware on it,to use the IPTV function(backup your data first):

1 Download the latest patch for the M3 from here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...o=file&id=3572
    2 Unzip this file,put it on a usb device and connect the usb device to the M3.
    3 Download the firmware by hitting the menu button then scrolling and clicking ok on USB/External Devices then USB Up/Down/File Manger
    You should see the files on the usb device with the firmware,if you don't because you have another devices connected then use the yellow button to select
    the correct disk.Scroll to the M3 firmware you downloaded and press ok.This loads the firmware and reboots the box.
    4 I haven't used iptv but to get the list of channels you press the f4 button.This will access the list that comes with the firmware,very few of these channels will work.
    5 To get a new iptv list google m3u file for iptv .You get free and trials ones and pay ones .Download file and get onto the box using the same procedure as above for firmware download(including unzipping or unraring if necessary)
    Good luck and cheers
    Done all that and the iptv option doesn't show in the menu, pressing f4 is still the zoom function and no playlist showing.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

What is the S/W version and the Model in the System Information and can you see the CAS Menu button there?
    Last edited by markwi; 30th June, 2017 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the S/W version and the Model in the System Information and can you see the CAS Menu button there?
    SW ver: is 1.47 (Feb 7 2017) The patching was successful according to the OSD. No CAS button

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

It should say 1.47p.Try pressing 2004 when the System Information page is up.Also what's the model number in System info?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pedro892r View Post
    SW ver: is 1.47 (Feb 7 2017) The patching was successful according to the OSD. No CAS button
    Cracked it, patched with old sw ver: from TM online on the box, then over wrote it with the latest one and though I don't have iptv option in menu still, I HAVE got CAS menu button now. What next?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Ok.On mine the iptv list comes up when you press the f4 button on the remote.but I couldn't see it in the Menu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It should say 1.47p.Try pressing 2004 when the System Information page is up.Also what's the model number in System info?
    Model number is TM 5402 M3. Still no iptv list on f4 tried all the other f buttons as well, nothing. I can see the diferent iptv providers in the CAS menu but can't find how to get them to show as actual TV on my screen.
    Last edited by pedro892r; 30th June, 2017 at 06:11 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Strange.The Cas menu isn't for iptv it's for satellite softcam keys.Are you pressing f4 when in normal screen mode?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast