WRX 2015 Dash Checksum algorithm.
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WRX 2015 Dash Checksum algorithm.

Good day to all!

I recently installed a dashboard from WRX 2015 in my forester SJ XT, but some functions stopped working.
    It is required to reconfigure the dashboard.

I've been trying to figure out a dump from WRX 2015-2016 for several months.

Some technical information:
    Dashboard manufacturer: NS;
    EPROM: 93C76
    Processor: NEC V850

What is achieved at this moment:
    ? According to my assumptions, all basic parameters of the Dashboard are stored in the first 3 lines of 10 bytes each.
    ? Each line with parameters consists of 10 bytes. The first 8 bytes are parameters, the remaining 2 bytes is the checksum.
    ? A checksum is required to verify the integrity of the data in the line with the parameters.
    ? The checksum in calculations uses NOT, since if the entire line is filled in 00, the control panel starts with the checksum FF FF, and vice versa.
    ? The test software-hardware complex has been assembled for the firmware and dump test of the instrument panel.

What i managed to find out:
    By means of the experimental checksums, the following options were found out:

B1-00-00-00-00-00-00-00; CRC = 4E-00
    B1-4E-00-00-00-00-00-00; CRC = 00-00
    B1-27-27-00-00-00-00-00; CRC = 0E-00
    B1-27-13-14-00-00-00-00; CRC = 2E-00

I ask for help. An algorithm is needed to calculate the checksum.
    I believe that in this community I can be helped.

If you need sponsored for the algorithm please PM me.

Best regards Roman.
    Last edited by OmegaKZ; 30th June, 2017 at 03:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

this is an old post but just wondering if there was any success with this one?
    i've just tested a 2017 Levorg cluster in a 2013 XT.
    everything works except Eyesight is flagging a fault and also the S#/S/I mode is in fault mode.
    I need to plug in SSM3&4 to view faults and see if any adjustments can be made, and also get a dump from the eeprom