Fiat Punto Grande 2007 lost key situation help with cutting new key
Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Default Fiat Punto Grande 2007 lost key situation help with cutting new key

Lads I have got 2007 Punto Grande petrol in garage with lost keys how can I get key code numbers in order to cut the new key?
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

key code is supposed to be on ignition but you have to turn it to extract it . pay dealer or sip22 pick not sure if pick works in ignition

3. The Following User Says Thank You to westlock For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (18th July, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Pick doesn't work on ignition, because there is sidebar. Use lishi on door lock to decode - in most casrs works great.
    If you got miniature drill take apart other ignition from fiat to know sidebar location and droll hole in your ignition to make a tension on sidebar and what next you will know

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klesk1986 For This Useful Post:

purdy (19th July, 2017), super jumbe (18th July, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    605 Posts

if you dont have lishi open car and remove trunk lock,it is easy and quick,then you can find your key cut

7. The Following User Says Thank You to newone For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (18th July, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Thanks lads for your help, nn old Fiat cars PUNTO, MAREA, BRAVA ETC. upto 2004 you can find key code from key barrel on new cars they have stopped doing that only lishi locksmith tools can do it but I wondered if I remove BSI and read the dump can sone one able to read the code? newone are you shore from trank lock as this one is 2007.
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    255 Posts

Hello my friend
    The easiest way is to pops out airbag lock , key code printed on barrel , You have to be careful, the numbers are can erased.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to key4man For This Useful Post:

instakeys (13th August, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    605 Posts

if i am not wrong it has a trank lock,it is very easy to take it apart and by checking the numbers in the waffers you will have your code

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newone For This Useful Post:

purdy (19th July, 2017), RIMKACHIP (9th August, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post
    I wondered if I remove BSI and read the dump can sone one able to read the code?
    Fiat doesn't store mechanicle key code into BSI or ECU. Opel does, and Renault i think to.
    BUt you can get the code from the dealer if you don't want to invest money in lishi or other pick/decode tools.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post

Thanks lads for your help, nn old Fiat cars PUNTO, MAREA, BRAVA ETC. upto 2004 you can find key code from key barrel on new cars they have stopped doing that only lishi locksmith tools can do it but I wondered if I remove BSI and read the dump can sone one able to read the code? newone are you shore from trank lock as this one is 2007.
    Later cars with the Sip22 locks have the key code stamped on the drivers door lock. It's on the lock plug so you have to remove the clip and withdraw the plug from the cylinder and you will see it in the side.
    Sip22 is a very easy lock to pick and all locks have the depths stamped on the individual wafers. But if you have Sip22 Lishi you can pick and decode within a couple of minutes on most.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

use lishi to pick and decode the door lock , very quick and never let me down , the ignition has a sidebar so to pick this requires a little more work and involves removing the face cap of ignition lock , using a pick or 2 to engage the sidebar and then you can pick the lock and decode it , but you should only have to work hard and pick the ignition if door lock is broken or if car is running on 2 keys , picking and decoding the door lock takes just a minute with practice .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 25th July, 2017 at 11:23 PM.