DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Default Jaguar x-type 2004 2.0 diesel CAN problems

Hi!
    I work on a X-type 2004 2.0 diesel and it has random CAN problems:
    Sometimes when the ignition is on or when the engine is running, cluster loose communication with other modules and almost all the lights on dash goes on, the km display shows ----- and the car is immobilized.
    If i switch off the ignition for a few times, then i can start the engine again, but the problem appears again in one, two or 5 minutes.
    On the diagnose with Launch, i got CAN errors between all the modules (besides airbag and radio) PCM, Climate, Cluster, ABS, GEM?..
    I changed PCM, Cluster, GEM and Climate panel from another working car and still the same problem.
    When the problem is on, i can't access on diagnose the modules (besides airbag and radio).
    I checked (visual) all the interior harness, the connectors and all looks good.
    How can i solve that problem? Thanks!
    Last edited by AUTODIAGNOZA; 20th July, 2017 at 04:18 PM.
    Airbag crash/clear file Service.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

Check for 60 ohm at diag socket. Then disconnect unit one by one until you read 60 ohm. can be easy if you can get flow chart for CAN. Lots on youtube.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to autoden For This Useful Post:

AUTODIAGNOZA (21st July, 2017)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Disconnect can lines at plugs at bottom of a pillar on passenger side, and see if it restores can communication.