Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BMW E92 CAS SN mismatch

Hello,

First of all, I would like to apology if I post in the wrong forum... As you will see, my situation is a bit unusual...

I've bought an M3 e92 from 2010 two years ago at a dealership (not BMW directly) and it appears that there's something wrong with it... I'll try to explain the steps I followed and I hope any one of you could help me.

1st step :
    So, at that time, the dealer didn't give me the 2nd pair of key, telling me that he had it but can't find it anymore, so he asked me to go to BMW to order a new key. That is what I did, but when BMW gave me the key, it wasn't working.

2nd step :
    I went back to the dealer, and told this to him. During this chat, he taught me that this car just went back from a theft, and this can happen in those cases. So he told me to order a CAS module at BMW... Which I did.
    BMW tried to code it but told me that it wasn't working because they detected that all other electronic parts had another SN than the one on the vehicle, and for them this car was disguised. Also, they told me that the SN on the vehicle looked overtyped.

3rd step :
    I went back to the dealer, asking for him to take back my car, but it didn't wanted. Telling me that the issue was from BMW, that this car was clean and has been repaired by BMW themselves after it gets back from the theft.
    He gave me a contact number of the BMW dealership that has done it.
    I called them (using a number I found on Internet), and they told me that they only saw this vehicle for a classic service, and that the guy who supposedly take care of the reparation after the theft wasn't in this dealership for 3 years...

At that time, I asked for legal assistance and about 1 and half year later, the dealership has closed its business to open a new one with a new name... My lawyer says that we cannot do much more, or that it will be expensive !

As I can't sell it, I would like to be able to have a second key, just in case... And also would like to have some advice on what is going on exactly with this car !

Anyone would be able to help me find out ? And maybe program the new CAS I still have ?

Thank you very much (and sorry for my English)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    756 Posts

They changed the DME also,because that DME MSS60 is very hard to code when it is second hand,so they went with the whole new set.

That is why your CAS doesn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok thank you, so if I've well understood : The dealer would be right and I need to replace my DME as well as my CAS ? Is there a way to be sure of that before buying it ?
    I'm don't trust BMW on this...

Thanks
    Last edited by KaiserThaws; 22nd July, 2017 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

no, second key can be programmed easily.

where r u located?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    720 Posts

Maybe wrong encryption...please find a way to read your key and cas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Professional BMW immo solutions

Macedonia is one and GREEK!!!