Datalink help
Register

Thread: Datalink help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Datalink help

Needing some advice on my datalink issues. Using International Master Diagnostics and an International Ez Tech serial port datalink I keep getting an error that the data link is detected but no communication. I have also tried a Cummins Inline 5 serial port data link with the same response. Both datalinks have been used before and worked. Lights on the data link look normal as if data is flowing normally. I'm thinking its something to do with the serial port setup on my computer. I have not had to setup this style of software up in along time so it may be something I'm overlooking. I'm running an old dell with windows xp. This will be mainly used for older trucks but I do have cummins 7.6 which I have not yet tried.

Some time ago I was able to use the EZ tech datalink for both MD and Cummins. Any help appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

​any body?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Once you connect your tool, try opening "Device Manager" and see if there is a yellow icon (quotes).
    What is problematic there, whether need Interface Driver update or another ?
    Last edited by Roy Suryadwiananda; 2nd August, 2017 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Are you using an USB to serial converter? They are problematic.
    Once you configure it, you should use the same usb port in the pc because if you change it, the COM port will change and the software will no longer communicate.

Regards.