Register

Thread: Zgemma H2S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Zgemma H2S

Hi guys.
    So I've finally got round to buying my h2s and want abit of advice regarding setup.
    So I want to set it up with my motorised dish using diseqc 1.2 (that's the way all my previous receivers were setup), also planning on installing wooshbuild to help me see the light.
    So my question is...
    Do I set the receiver up first with motorised setting etc.. Or do I just install wooshbuild first then do the setup for my dish etc..?
    Also I haven't £ yet, so can I setup wooshbuild and motorised settings first then add £ later?
    My plan is to set it up first, then £, that way if it's abit beyond me I haven't wasted money on £.
    i did try reading the manual, that told me not to use the receiver in the rain
    Hope it's all clear.
    Thanks.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Flash the box......with the image
    setup the dish settings check the free channels on some sats...make sure your setup is right
    then add the £

3. The Following User Says Thank You to P&D For This Useful Post:

NORTHERN MONKEY (1st August, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just to update.
    i have now returned this receiver for a full refund.
    it wouldn't work properly with my motorised dish (technomate motor), it wouldn't drive the motor properly, sometimes it would drive the motor fine, then it would just stop, power off the receiver, then fine, then power off....
    this happened every couple of minutes while trying to scan for satellites, also while driving the motor it wouldn't pick up a signal.
    thought it was my setup but I was told on other forums that quite a lot of people have trouble with zgemmas and motorised dishes, apparently some people try adding a more powerful power supply and that sometimes solves the problem.
    i wasn't messing about as it was a new receiver, so I returned it.
    i wasn't impressed with the picture quality on sd channels either, HD looked good but sd looked poor, TV station logos looked very pixelated on screen, as did the overall picture quality.
    so I've returned it and bought a Gigablue ultra ue, very happy with it.
    scanned all my satellites no problem, picture quality is superb.
    just having trouble with setting up Nordvpn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Sounds to me like not enough power from the PSU rather than a hardware fault. The little 2A PSU that come with them these days barely have enough grunt for 2x Sat feeds, never mind USB and Motors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    Sounds to me like not enough power from the PSU rather than a hardware fault. The little 2A PSU that come with them these days barely have enough grunt for 2x Sat feeds, never mind USB and Motors.
    Yeah that's my understanding too, just a shame I didn't know that before I bought it, that way I wouldn't have spent 3 days scratching my head trying to get it to work.
    Anyway it's gone back now so don't care