Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2004 clio keycoding

hello

I have a 2004 clio 1.2 with Siemens 32n . I tried immo off file but afterwards realised it had no pin 58 wire so it must be can . I don't think immo off possible .
    customer has 1 key but it fails to start sometimes .
    I want to code 2 new transponders ( id46 ) so it starts everytime .
    I have UCH 93c66 file attached .
    I have a few questions im not sure about ......maybe someone can help
    I also need pin code from attached file ...can someone help with this ?
    will the remote still work if I remove copper coil from keyfob and insert new transponder into keyshell ?
    can I erase exsisting transponder ( pcb mounted ) and code in 2 new transponders ? or do I add 2 new transponders

thanks to all who reply .
    Attached Files Attached Files

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,973 Posts

Last edited by kiszka; 22nd December, 2018 at 05:02 AM.
    Reality of life :
    1:Never argue with an idiot, he will pull you down to his level and overcome you with experience
    2:Envy is the confession of inferiority
    3:Everyone lies
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    How much trash you leave behind so much trash someone will have to read or maybe you yourself
    If you like reading garbage, don't slow down, just speed it up

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kiszka For This Useful Post:

wishyouwerehere (21st August, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Hi,
    You will need something to code the keys in with.
    Most kit finds the pin code automaticaly. Clip however doesn't. Not all kit will do CAMPUS

Do not confuse pre 2001 ish keys with the later pcf7946 key.
    Do not remove anything, resolder the hitag and aerial.

"Fails to sart" ? not enough info, does it crank ( dont wizz key round fast, take your time ) what is happening with the immo light on dash?

These cars have several COMMON none start faults dont assume immo off will solve.
    Last edited by albertros; 21st August, 2017 at 09:41 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to albertros For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    336 Posts

resolder all on key and try it
    My English is little bit bad, but day after day is better. Like my experiences https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdT...bx2Pc7WI4pWUWA

My help not for free, press THANKS and REP, for make me HAPPY

im not using passwords, my work is for this forum and members free

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyromaniak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for replies guys .
    ok .
    I have MPV for keycoding
    tried resoldering all key solder joints
    when it doesn't start , immo light flashes fast but it cranks fine
    diag scan says antenna ring intermittent but I assume its just failing to detect faulty key as these give a lot of problems

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    336 Posts

look on connector on antena. try plug unlpug (conector clean himself)
    My English is little bit bad, but day after day is better. Like my experiences https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdT...bx2Pc7WI4pWUWA

My help not for free, press THANKS and REP, for make me HAPPY

im not using passwords, my work is for this forum and members free

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyromaniak For This Useful Post:

wishyouwerehere (22nd August, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Hi,
    look in fuse box near battery and swap around the 3 rectangualr relays.
    flash fast? should't crank go very slowly with turning key and try again
    check white wire on starter at front
    unplug white connection un uch for a few secs then put back
    check 2 amp fuse in fude box on end of dash

12. The Following User Says Thank You to albertros For This Useful Post:

wishyouwerehere (11th September, 2017)

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

hi. before you remove the cooper coil, try programing another id46. if you remove the cooper coil and program new key, remote will dont work anymore (are programmed at same time as key).
    if you have a cloning device you can try that also

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nicocr For This Useful Post:

wishyouwerehere (11th September, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    179 Posts

Disambly antena coil on lock. remove pcb and see black double pin socket (from coil to pcb). Solder two wires from coil to pcb.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to castin For This Useful Post:

p1et (26th October, 2017), wishyouwerehere (11th September, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Did you solve the problem? I had Clio 2004 year with same issues. Customer phoned me that they key does not start. On transponder machine, everywthink fine, transponder detected. I resoldered everything and told to check but cutsomer said no luck either. So I told I will come and program new key but actually when I arrived at place I reminded myself I forgot to precode 7946 for Clio but then original key started the car couple of times no problem. So I told customer to go with me to workshop and what I wanted to do is to clone existing key to have ceramic chip which I supposed will work better. I cloned key no problem, it started couple of times aswell as original but after 5 minutes both stopped. On original immo LED blink fast and on cloned stay solid. After couple tries, LED goes off and car started on cloned key. What makes me wonder is why once the red LED blinks and once stay solid.

Now i read this topic and @castin advise looks very good into this problem but I'm not sure if I will work with this car again as it might go to mechanic as I actually do not want to repair this car (customer just paid me for spare key no problem) but makes me wonder if problem from this topic was solved by @castin method. I did not try to program new key as I wanted at first. After cloning key, I thought everything with keys must be OK and problem is on car, but could you tell me if im 100% correct in this case? Never had a problem with 'non working' cloned key. I mean when cloned successfully, the key was always starting 100/100 but I know some had problems like starting 50/50 even on TPX.

What I want to know is should I actually try to program new remote key or this will not solve problem 100% and this is car itself / immo antenna problem for sure. Because if new remote key might work, I will phone customer to try but maybe this is nosense to try so then I will tell customer what to check by mechanic - antenna immo as @castin said.
    Last edited by p1et; 26th October, 2017 at 08:04 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,944 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by p1et View Post
    Did you solve the problem? I had Clio 2004 year with same issues. Customer phoned me that they key does not start. On transponder machine, everywthink fine, transponder detected. I resoldered everything and told to check but cutsomer said no luck either. So I told I will come and program new key but actually when I arrived at place I reminded myself I forgot to precode 7946 for Clio but then original key started the car couple of times no problem. So I told customer to go with me to workshop and what I wanted to do is to clone existing key to have ceramic chip which I supposed will work better. I cloned key no problem, it started couple of times aswell as original but after 5 minutes both stopped. On original immo LED blink fast and on cloned stay solid. After couple tries, LED goes off and car started on cloned key. What makes me wonder is why once the red LED blinks and once stay solid.

Now i read this topic and @castin advise looks very good into this problem but I'm not sure if I will work with this car again as it might go to mechanic as I actually do not want to repair this car (customer just paid me for spare key no problem) but makes me wonder if problem from this topic was solved by @castin method. I did not try to program new key as I wanted at first. After cloning key, I thought everything with keys must be OK and problem is on car, but could you tell me if im 100% correct in this case? Never had a problem with 'non working' cloned key. I mean when cloned successfully, the key was always starting 100/100 but I know some had problems like starting 50/50 even on TPX.

What I want to know is should I actually try to program new remote key or this will not solve problem 100% and this is car itself / immo antenna problem for sure. Because if new remote key might work, I will phone customer to try but maybe this is nosense to try so then I will tell customer what to check by mechanic - antenna immo as @castin said.

I've some case Clio 2 iD46:

1/ Key bad, so i repair the key, check Hitag key read OK. But when ignition ON, led flashing fast. So i change the coil in key and car start every time.

2/ Led flashing fast, key OK (even tried swapping 7946 to another PCB), ignition coil check with tester OK (led bright and off) When you puss on UCH connector, led do OFF ans start the car. This case i have several, change UCH or repair it.

3/ Car lost all key, i program new key, when the igntion ON, led stay solid. This case meaning power to ECU is missing. So you need remove the fuse 15A in the fuse box to clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be polite. No Thanks + Rep, no HELP!!! Slava Ukcraine. Dead Putler civilians's killers!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lion0304 For This Useful Post:

p1et (27th October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Thanks you very much friend, this is a really good info!