Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Anybody mill your own pcbs?

This is really annoying. Iv always wanted to have a pcb mill. Hey finally bought a cheap Chinese no-brand pcb cutter.

I have a gas laser cutter and i often use it (with some kind of cheap Corel clone with a laser plugin, and also some other no-Name Chinese software) so i thought the pcb mill will be easy. But no.

The mill seems to be Audrino controlled and the actual machine host software is called GRBL controller. The GRBL controller seems to interface ok with the machine but i cant find a plugin to use that machine with any other software. So i have to use that controller.

It needs gcode, but i cant find any good software where you can draw pcbs and it outputs a gcode file.

I read every online guide and watched all the videos and i still cant get it to do that one simple thing.

People say to draw the pcb in mspaint and save as a bmp and then use another software to make a gcode from the .bmp, but thats a horrible and very inaccurate way of doing that.

Surely there MUST be a software where you can draw a pcb and it will output gcode?

Anybody know?

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

How cool is that, no use ferrite crystals to dissolve the copper, layout the board with PVC tape

ADVERTISEMENT

GO TO WHsmiths and look at latest copy of "everyday advertiser" they think it's them have projects you can download, in something format

sadly guy doing porrage but "Taylor made circuits" was guy place

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid