Register
    poisonivy0

Default Just bought a Diagprog4 Full

As the title read just bought a diagprog 4 full as my mileage correction tutor told me it wears the crown from mileage correction. He also stated it would correct all modern/new cars. At this point my eyes were like saucers.
    Turns out it hes wrong, as i tried to correct my 2016 A3 and the system went into a werid security loop.

My whole mileage correction business that i had in my head has now disappeared, so ive got a couple of questions for you guys...
    Can new (2015/16) cars be corrected?
    Should i give the DP4 back or does it have other 'profitable' uses such as key programming etc (havent really looked into this)
    Is there anywhere i can learn about the above with proper guidance?

Much apperciated.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

The DP4 is a nice tool, no question. And you can do for sure some 2015/2016 cars with it, but:

1. VAG after 2015 is a no go. Nobody can do them yet.
    2. Mercedes... Can DP4 do later W205/W222? I dont know but i heard there are problems.

From all mileage tools it's one of the top systems (enigma is not bad either), but all system are having trouble with 2015 and up cars. It's nice that you can do a 2016 KIA via obd, but it would be nicer if you could do a late GOLF 7...

Seems like your "mileage correction tutor" was more a "dp4 salesman" ;-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steveleo For This Useful Post:

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Dp4 not a bad tool but does have issues with certain vehicles check there user forum and it will give you information on which ones to avoid or use a different progmmer .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eurodash For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    286 Posts

and one more answer. When editing the dashboard does not mean that it's done. new cars have kilometers in other units. in my opinion, it is better to buy 8 thousand euros for hand tools. mileage business is dead

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasa For This Useful Post:

ascotauto (11th September, 2017), bersch8688 (9th September, 2017)

DK Veteran
    putting salt on leeches, one grain at a time!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    612 Posts

Its a great tool but no tool is absolute . I have done 7 audi 2016 a6 , a3 i cannot do with dp4 , smelecom or enigma. That one is just a problem. I did a ton of 2017 vehicles with the dp4 and smelecom. Also a few 18. Like i said there is no all powerful tool. Xheers

Reading is fundamental, asking is easy............................

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XmoDDeR For This Useful Post:

Dr. Zoidberg (9th September, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

@VASA

In my region the same
    Mileage correction the business is DEAD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

@vasa

true the mileage business is shrinking all over partly due to cheaper clones but more to due to tighter regulations and silly customers shopping around...and getting cheaper and cheaper prices.

there are customers willing to pay proper prices for corrections but they are getting few and far between, now everyone want to tell you its all plug in because there 'mate' had his done bt joe blogs and it was plug in...love being told how to conduct my business in my opinion wrong time to make heavy investment especially on one piece of equipment.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evss For This Useful Post:

dashradio (9th September, 2017), weza247 (9th September, 2017)

poisonivy0

Thanks for all your comments. how do you guys keep up to date with what can and cant be done.
    Reason i ask, is that i downloaded the recovery list for the DP4 Here and it shows 'A3 8V0 2012....' on the list. I was under the assumtion this ment it can do all 8V0 Clusters 2012 and above and the cluster i tried to do was a '8V0920870B'

Mileage correction would be very lucritive (esspecially in my area) if one was able to do newer cars, dont even mind doing the EPROM bit as i did this effortlessly on my Mileage Correction Course.

Will also look into these other devices people have mentioned as it may be a more cost effective method

P.S Wheres the best place to learn this stuff in depth, dont mind paying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,301 Posts

8 years .. 3 posts .. just read mate .. no secrets

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PremierD For This Useful Post:

DARFVADER (2nd January, 2018), fuktak (27th September, 2017), javyb (10th September, 2017), Johnner (9th September, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Dp4 its best tool.
    but you cant do all cars with dp4
    you need more and more tools.
    vw cant be done after 2014/06
    mb cant be done fbs4
    gm 2017 cant be done obd
    but you have another ways to do this cars
    you will lern after 5 years
    dont worry be happy )))))
    If yo

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rukartinatv For This Useful Post:

hass42 (11th March, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

i think best tool mileage correction is dashcoder!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts

It is no problem to do VAG after 2015 , contact me by PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to H2Deetoo For This Useful Post:

amigokola (12th September, 2017), plambrou (12th September, 2017), yuvalaha (20th September, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

No One best Tool but heres some pointers for US market anyway some may agree some wont but this is my experience, if you want to do properly 100% Dash, ECM, TCM, SRI, ASSYST, Maintenance Minder and other modules etc. which should all be done especially on newer vehicle since past 10 years. $20,000 in tools to start inluding 1 good tool $7,000 a few cheaper ones $3,000-$4,000 or so for direct programing mcu, eeprom, flash & odd stuff, 1-2 good diagnostic tools $2,000-$6,000, supporting solder station, laptops etc. and guess what thats about 90% + of US/JAP and some Euros, if you want full euro support figure another $5,000-$10,000 for diag equipment and another $10,000 or so for tools that specialize in Euros. Not to mention another $15,000 if you want to get a few other tools so you can keep up with the newest model vehicles because updates can slow if you own only 1 tool & don't forget about $10,000 a year or more on all that equipment for updates every year!
    Had a issue Had a issue with my uploads so if you see one of my posts and need that dump let me know and I'll post it!