Where does the pin 13 of U5 (74HC125) in carprog D1 goes?
Register
    Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Default Where does the pin 13 of U5 (74HC125) in carprog D1 goes?

I have been updating and reworking my carprog, so far carprog + A9 pass the hw test, carprog + A1 pass the hw test, but carprog + D1 + A9 doesn't. But I noticed something, if I press really hard on the U5 (74HC125) chip of the D1 adapter, the test pass OK.

So I tried resoldering, didn't work. So I desoldered it, and I noticed the pin 13 (I think its 13, it's marked on the attached photo), doesn't have any pad on the pcb, so the pin is not connected to anything. So I need to add a bridge to where this pin should connect, but I don't have my magnifier camera, and a magnifier glass is not enough for my eyesight to figure out where it goes.

Can someone measure their D1 adapter and find a 0ohms point where I could connect the pin, and mark in the photo?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I was checking the datasheet and it says pin 13 is "active low", so I connected it to pin 1 which is also "active low". Test pass OK now, but I tested it with a renault jaeger dash, and it says "no response from dash". Tried powering the dash with an external power supply, same shit. Getting really pissed at these chinese.