UK to suspend training of Burmese military over treatment of Rohingya
Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Default UK to suspend training of Burmese military over treatment of Rohingya

Theresa May has announced that the UK will suspend the training of Burmese military amid concerns about the treatment of the Muslim Rohingya population.

Speaking at the UN general assembly in New York, she said the UK would end all engagement with the Burmese military until military action against civilians in Rakhine state had stopped.

The prime minister has been under pressure to halt the programme since the country’s army was accused of driving hundreds of thousands of Rohingya into Bangladesh.

“The British government is announcing today that we are going to stop all defence engagement and training of the Burmese military by the Ministry of Defence until this issue is resolved.”

Asked if the action was coordinated with international allies, May said: “There has been very clear international concern about the issue of the Rohingya people and what is happening to them.

The UK programme in Myanmar does not include combat training but is aimed at educating soldiers in democracy, leadership and the English language at a cost of around £305,000 last year.

Earlier on Tuesday, Aung San Suu Kyi, the Nobel peace prize winner who leads Myanmar, broke her silence on the crisis but did not criticise the army.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tment-rohingya
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (24th September, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Eh who is paying for this programming?

ON TOPIC

£305,000 to programme an entire army, more realistic figure than this "£5,000,000"
    for what ever

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (24th September, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Ah never thought all the armies in all the countries need to learn English what a lot of bulls…..do acaida speak English?

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Earlier on Tuesday, Aung San Suu Kyi, the Nobel peace prize winner who leads Myanmar, broke her silence on the crisis but did not criticise the army.
    Since most likely she'd be arrest, slung in prison and again leave the army in charge. It's an odd situation with the government in a weak position and the army getting ready to take control again.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GastonJ For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (24th September, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Aung San Suu Kyi, abas and the Dalai Lama just the actors…..

Look when the Army and police start killing there’s own citizens this is the most tragic genocide I have witness for over 40 years and no one has power to stop this happening in this 21st centuries.

We have witness the killings, rape, subjected cruelty, forced out of own house and citizen have became homeless, the atrocities been happening in Israel, Myanmar, and in US shoot to kill policy for years the UN will only condom but not willing to take action, when it comes to the speech they always talk about the human Rights.

We are now getting evidence every day from mobile phones, the point I am going to make is I have not heard or seen the police and army killing of large numbers of citizens of none Muslim believers in any country in the world why others can not learn from this?

Note:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post: