Register

Thread: Iveco limp mode

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Default Iveco limp mode

I'm totally lost here , no one can help and I can't find a answer so here I go ...iveco daily 3.0 with edc16c39 ecu and merrelibbidy module , with timing chain here is my problem the customer had a power problem car go into limp mode after a long time he swapped the ecu with a secondhand one it ended up by me and I did immo off in the flash , it start but EDC is flashing and the error that comes up is crank cam mismatch and after idling for a while cam sensor error comes up and it don't rev up above 1500 rpm what have I done , double check timing with original iveco tools and is spot on 100% chain guides and tensioners is 100% correct gears is correctly fitted and crank ring have no broken teeth and is not loose on crank sensor have been replaced 2 times with brand new ones and a brand new engine harnass is fitted , so wiring , timing and sensors is fine , it had this problem with old ecu and new secondhand ecu sometimes it will rev up full but still EDC flashing and cam sensor error , could there be a problem in the flash or ecu because I got the car and immo off was already tried in the eeprom and seems like the flash was already transfers from the old ecu to the new ecu , any ideas will be welcome

Sent from my HUAWEI Y560-L01 using Tapatalk
    Ask a dumb question and become wise for the rest of your life, but act wise and stay dumb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So , question is now , what is the problem ? Mechanical ? or Electrical ?
    Mechanical problem i can't help you - maybe ticket to plane will do
    Electric problem - i can provide all kinds off software and ECU's for iveco. Maybe second hand ECU is broken as well. I have no id how to help you remotly . First i would to try check mechanic chain , then maybe replace ECU, but before check harnes and pins. Maybe pins in ecu harnes are not in good shape.
    Regards

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miarcin View Post
    So , question is now , what is the problem ? Mechanical ? or Electrical ?
    Mechanical problem i can't help you - maybe ticket to plane will do
    Electric problem - i can provide all kinds off software and ECU's for iveco. Maybe second hand ECU is broken as well. I have no id how to help you remotly . First i would to try check mechanic chain , then maybe replace ECU, but before check harnes and pins. Maybe pins in ecu harnes are not in good shape.
    Regards
    m8 thanx for the reply , I'm stuck I can get no where with this thing , 1 st ecu had water damage then he took car to some one and it looks like they tried to make immo off in eeprom but this have magnet marreli body module so immo off is in flash but I don't know but it look like a bdm read and write was done .is there a bug in the software and have been transfered to the new ecu ? mechanical I can not find any problem and harnass is brand new and ecu pins is clean and good , so is threre a problem in the eeprom because of a failed immo off or is the ecu faulty ,.. the numbers on the ecu is 0281012193 & 504121602 the rest I can not read

Ask a dumb question and become wise for the rest of your life, but act wise and stay dumb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jakesman View Post
    m8 thanx for the reply , I'm stuck I can get no where with this thing , 1 st ecu had water damage then he took car to some one and it looks like they tried to make immo off in eeprom but this have magnet marreli body module so immo off is in flash but I don't know but it look like a bdm read and write was done .is there a bug in the software and have been transfered to the new ecu ? mechanical I can not find any problem and harnass is brand new and ecu pins is clean and good , so is threre a problem in the eeprom because of a failed immo off or is the ecu faulty ,.. the numbers on the ecu is 0281012193 & 504121602 the rest I can not read

Try to take photo off left stiker on Doors, like this one i have take Some time

[IMG][/IMG]

By this i could to send You eeprom and flash to program IT to ECU.
    Offcourse immo will be off and remotlly for now that's all i can doo.

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A3003 przy użyciu Tapatalka