BMW BMSK-P map / tuning. part throttle? decel throttle cut?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BMW BMSK-P map / tuning. part throttle? decel throttle cut?

Hi. I am new to this.

I have a K1300s project bike and I want to improve the cruising manners. I think what I want to do is

• make richer at low throttle cruise
    • stop closed-throttle fuel cut (reduce engine braking).

(because the bike is jerky when you try to cruise slowly at ~30mph, especially if you hit a road bump).

I have some books coming, Bosch EFI books, but they are all old.

I have bought 2x spare ECU. One is from a F800GS (same ECU H/W, different s/w), another is from a similar K1300s as mine. Also I found K1200R .bin online.

I have read the spare ECU flash+eprom via BDM. I have looked at these in WinOLS.

What I can see, is that they all show at least some similar maps, with similar shapes, but I do not know what they mean, and I don't know what I should be looking for.

In other software I see a map called 'part injection throttle', but I'm not sure what I should be looking for here.

I feel I should ignore most Car map information, because most cars are using MAF, but the motorbike uses MAP instead (speed density).

I want to retain closed loop. Should there be a 'demanded AFR' map, where I simply decrease from ~14.7 to ~13 at the low-TPS area? Or does it not work that way? Should I instead look for injector map and look to increase injector duration in this area?

Any guidance ?

Here is some pictures from a r1200gs BMSKP ecu I got from eBay. the map in the top right (two humps) is one I see in all of the 2-cyl BMSKP ECUs I have looked at (F800GS, R1200GS)

I know I will have trouble with Checksums too, and I know that I either need my writing device to fix it during write (will see what clone Galletto, KESS, K-Tag can do), or buy genuine WinOLS, or learn to understand PPC assembler and NOP the checksum function. I am ignoring this problem for now, besides the clone KESS & K-tag and FG have not arrived yet.

Last edited by carl0s; 16th October, 2017 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I uploaded some BINs from these and similar bikes here:

http://www.internetsomething.com/bmskp/bins/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK I found out all the ECUs I bought online, and the BINs that I found, they were all from 2 cylinder models!

Anyway I have read my k1300s, and written it to the r1200gs ECU, and the bike runs.. so I have a backup ECU now. I went back to my original ECU and that's still OK, so no immo problem. Think there may not be an immo on this bike. Just an alarm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hi did you get to fix this problem?
    can you tell me why?
    thanls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toni_18674 View Post
    Hi did you get to fix this problem?
    can you tell me why?
    thanls
    ooooh.. which bit then? no. this is turning into a serious hobby with so many offshoots. I am stuck down a MIPI display rabbit hole.

I now have my conservatory turned into an electronics lab

I made an Arduino based data logger based on the KWP2000 data from BMW ISTA/D dealer diagnostics tool. I figured a data logger should come before altering of maps.

I can tell you that Chinese KESS and KTag support this bike nicely.

Having built the datalogger (99%.. I just felt it was 'job done' enough that I moved onto another challenge, even though it's still not totally finished/polished), I figured it would make sense to have a nice round multi-gauge display of what'e being logged. So now I'm trying to learn STM32 stuff, and make display adapters (designed my first pcb, had it made, reflowed it in a converted toaster overn). Now I'm stuck trying to do an RGB to MIPI DSI converter using the SSD2828.

so yeah, the bike thing. I actually took it out (don't ride often) a bit ago and really enjoyed it - I mean I hated it less than I thought I did. It does have the booster plug thing fitted though. It's just still a bit shit if you're stuck in traffic or trying to cruise gently. Great otherwise. Great as a missile. I will get back to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

39032330_951124291679043_6091124848275226624_n.jpghope this image gives you the locations of the bits of tune you require
    cheers