rf out pictue
Register

Thread: rf out pictue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default rf out pictue

Hi all i need some help as I am getting stressed with this set up. We have 6 TV's, 5 of them with magic eyes on 1 sky box using RF output (channel 43 ish), 1 cctv analogue feed from a DVR on channel 65 ish via a SLX 8 way splitter booster with magic eye bypass. That works fines and can be tuned in and view on all 5 TV's Until I put the digital areal in to the splitter, then sky & cctv go fussy and grainy and DTV will not tune in. Ive tuned the digital tv in to the tvs on its own and that works fine on its own. I just cant seem to get all 3 working at once via the splitter. What am i doing wrong?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Depending on what area your Freeview frequencies are you should allocate your Sky FR output and CCTV output as far away as possible to avoid interference, Also CH 60-69 was allocated to 4G well over 2 years ago so no matter which part of teh country you live do not place anything within that bandwidth. As you could have a Mobile antennae installed nearby causing the interference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for your reply I thought let everyone know that .. I've managed to sort it out now, I used a isolated connection on the DTV areal ( Technetix TRIS-1002AEN) with the CCTV on HDMI in to a analogue to digital convertor. I then put the sky Rf out and the analogue to digital convertor in to 2 way splitter (Tratec Tris 210E 354P) then to the Slx 8way distribution unit. It has to be set up like that so the magic eye works with the sky box it sounds a mess but it works a treat !