Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default 2016 Honda CRV USA SRS File Clear Request 77960-t0a-a212-m1 95640

I need help to clear the crash data in 77960-t0a-a212-m1 module with chip 95640 from 2016 Honda CRV USA Model

I already tried few different files from Mebers here with no success . So I had front driver air bag deployed and side passenger curtain deployed . Only two airbags. I replaced them with new ones . Then connected LAunch X431 2017 updated and saw code in SRS Module for driver and passenger seatbelt tensioners and pretension although seatbelts were fine not deployed or tensioned completely free and working . dont ask me how it is possible but seat belt were fine there were codes stored for them . SO I emulated them with 2-3 Ohms resistors and no more codes SRS Module cleared , BUT air bag light still on . Also no codes in any other modules. So I thought crash data is not cleared correctly and tryied with other files from the forum that people say are 100% tested . NO luck light is still on . I started looking the file and do not see any vin numbers or coding or CS data of any sort so this modules must be exchanged with other vehicles and no coding is necessary I guess . All I see in the file is the Honda OEM Modul number, but underneath on row 250 there is some number starting with HFZ that is different in the different modules . I have 3 modules from 2016 CRV and 3 of those HFZ numbers are different . Anyone know what this numbers stands for ( I Guess TRW Number of some sort ) ?
    Also when I disconnect any airbag component I see code right the way so I gues this is sign that crash data is cleared correctly . PLease Advice . LAst but not least SEAT Ocupancy Module OPDS ( LAunch X431 dose not rekognize such module - I uess this is self adoptable ). I do not have any codes for anything at all . PLease help if anyone had experience clearing this module !!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mariyan151 View Post
    I need help to clear the crash data in 77960-t0a-a212-m1 module with chip 95640 from 2016 Honda CRV USA Model

I already tried few different files from Mebers here with no success . So I had front driver air bag deployed and side passenger curtain deployed . Only two airbags. I replaced them with new ones . Then connected LAunch X431 2017 updated and saw code in SRS Module for driver and passenger seatbelt tensioners and pretension although seatbelts were fine not deployed or tensioned completely free and working . dont ask me how it is possible but seat belt were fine there were codes stored for them . SO I emulated them with 2-3 Ohms resistors and no more codes SRS Module cleared , BUT air bag light still on . Also no codes in any other modules. So I thought crash data is not cleared correctly and tryied with other files from the forum that people say are 100% tested . NO luck light is still on . I started looking the file and do not see any vin numbers or coding or CS data of any sort so this modules must be exchanged with other vehicles and no coding is necessary I guess . All I see in the file is the Honda OEM Modul number, but underneath on row 250 there is some number starting with HFZ that is different in the different modules . I have 3 modules from 2016 CRV and 3 of those HFZ numbers are different . Anyone know what this numbers stands for ( I Guess TRW Number of some sort ) ?
    Also when I disconnect any airbag component I see code right the way so I gues this is sign that crash data is cleared correctly . PLease Advice . LAst but not least SEAT Ocupancy Module OPDS ( LAunch X431 dose not rekognize such module - I uess this is self adoptable ). I do not have any codes for anything at all . PLease help if anyone had experience clearing this module !!!
    HI.
    Please help
    Thanks
    Must be the first place
    Great.
    B.R.
    Last edited by juozas10; 20th October, 2017 at 06:22 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juozas10 For This Useful Post:

dragon100 (20th October, 2017), mariyan151 (20th October, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

here it is
    pass pm
    my brother

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to husseinalkhalel For This Useful Post:

cocoioo (3rd May, 2023), juozas10 (20th October, 2017), mariyan151 (20th October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Unknown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts

Was passenger seat replaced or module flashed with completely different file? If so it will need OPDS programmed which even the latest x431 cannot do.

I have seen many new honda seatbelts deploy but not lock up and work mechanically fine

And. Crash in these module don't have code for it. You must go into Data stream and select all PIDs and they should all say OFF if there is no crash. If one. Says on then there is crash and that's why lihhtnisnon with no codes
    Last edited by repairmymodule; 20th October, 2017 at 07:50 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to repairmymodule For This Useful Post:

Aliazadar (10th March, 2018), borshch (22nd October, 2017), dragon100 (20th October, 2017), mariyan151 (20th October, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

PLEASE IF anyone has ORIGINAL Dump from brand new module share it !!!

YEs RApairmymodule all PIDs are off status now . Which means no deployment recognized . I understand crash data dont store codes . Also some people told me if module has crash stored and you disconnect let say an air bag it will not bring trouble code , but if module has cleared properly its crash data and you disconnect any air bag or seat belt it will bring and record code right the way . This is how you know if file is cleared properly!!! SRS Module was flashed with files that I found on the forum . they had some differences in the first 250 rows -- at least 5-10 differences and then the rest where I believe the crash data is stored were Zeros 000000 . I also checked the crash sensors discconected them one by one and they are good . I wish there is someone that can explain what this ministerial Number starting with HFZ dose in this module is it just a serial number for TRW modules or it is some kind of coding . Why different cars and files all 2016 CRV have different HFZ numbers on row 251 in the file , but have same honda module number on row 250 which is 77960-t0a-a212-m1. All this cleard files been different most of the times the difference is just 5-10 characters is this normal ?

PLEASE IF anyone has ORIGINAL Dump from brand new module share it !!!
    Last edited by mariyan151; 21st October, 2017 at 09:56 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mariyan151 For This Useful Post:

Aliazadar (10th March, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hussein the file you gave me is from Civic or Accord . Look on row 250 the serial number of the module :
    77960TR0A212M1....BDAD8A00EY. It is different than my module

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mariyan151 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Hussein the file you gave me is from Civic or Accord . Look on row 250 the serial number of the module :
    77960TR0A212M1....BDAD8A00EY. It is different than my module
    TRY it then connent DTC .
    pass like old file

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to husseinalkhalel For This Useful Post:

Aliazadar (10th March, 2018), mariyan151 (22nd October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

here cleared file....
    pas PM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks guys . I will reply which file works as soon as possible .
    BUT NOW Please if anybody has the Initializing procedure for the ODS( Occupant Detection Siystem ) passenger seat on 2015-up Honda CR-V . Step by step . Also known as SWS( seat weight sensor ) calibration or reset .
    I Need to know what is the best working Interface for newer Hondas and where to get it, so I can program everything on the HONDA . If anyone has good experience with some Honda tool please share it . Thanks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariyan151 For This Useful Post:

Aliazadar (10th March, 2018), husseinalkhalel (21st October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts

Thanks guys . I will reply which file works as soon as possible .
    BUT NOW Please if anybody has the Initializing procedure for the ODS( Occupant Detection Siystem ) passenger seat on 2015-up Honda CR-V . Step by step . Also known as SWS( seat weight sensor ) calibration or reset .
    I Need to know what is the best working Interface for newer Hondas and where to get it, so I can program everything on the HONDA . If anyone has good experience with some Honda tool please share it . Thanks
    As far as I know only Honda HDS, can't remember which version off top of my little head.

Of course you can use a compatible j2534 passthru and use non-subscribtion software which you can find on the net

However it is not necessary if you clear Original file from module as it will have correct OPDS data already stored. Avoid replacing eeprom dump on Hondas, many car manufacturers you can't do this anyway
    Last edited by repairmymodule; 22nd October, 2017 at 04:33 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to repairmymodule For This Useful Post:

Aliazadar (10th March, 2018), borshch (22nd October, 2017), mariyan151 (22nd October, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks Repairmymodule . Guys Please lets make this thread informative and help everyone working on HONDA not just me . One more time !!! 2015-up cars
    1. The issue is ODS ( Occupant detection system ) or SWS ( seat weight sensor passenger ) need calibration or initialization or programming after any major change of component like SRS Module , seat sensor , seat itself , deployed airbag in seat . It is not self adaptable . I believe when people clear crash data the wipe off the seat calibration data as well . If anyone can say exactly where this data is stored or if there is any other Security data in the SRS Eeprom that impossible flashing with dump from different car .

2. We already like repairmymodule member said know that the right software for HONDA is HDS ( or I-HDS) --- anybody download link for latest version ?
    3. What VCI ( vehicle communication interface ) to use with this software . We already know that it must be compatible j2534 passthru device to be able to use with non-subscribtion software. BUT which one ??? There are some j2534 devices claiming to work with HDS and claiming to do programming and reset on EBAY --BUT do they really work ??? Anybody Experiance . Good link with working device !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6AZWi2YlQ
    It looks like the snap-on tool or matco maximus in this video can do SWS CAlibration as shown in this video, BUT it uses the same software like LAUNCH X431 same like mine . On my software under special function of the SRS module I do not have SWS it says function not supported on this vehicle. Also it says NOT Equipped with SWS and OPDS modules. Picture attached !!! I got latest software . Anybody with same experience ??? LAunch succesfully did many OPDS Modules why cant do thsi Honda ...

22712919_10156830686630884_600038303_o.jpg22712919_10156830686615884_1195289878_o.jpg22712722_10156830686670884_539604553_o.jpg

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mariyan151 For This Useful Post:

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default CRV Crash

write this. file is virgin

22. The Following User Says Thank You to skyliner35 For This Useful Post:

mariyan151 (22nd October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts

You are mostly correct however, correctly clearing crash data will never effect opds data. You can always leave opds data and still clear crash data. You have to reprogram OPDS and SWS only when passenger seat (OPDS Module) or SRS module itself is replaced (or EEPROM data swapped)

Secondly, Honda changed their protocol IDs for the SWS and OPDS in 2013 for most models.

Lastly, programming Virgin dumps, ie. dumps from New modules that have never been plugged in a vehicle are self adaptable. There is a virgin dump in this forum for 2013-2015 Civics that will self program all data when ignition is first turned on after programming. Including opds data even when passenger seat is replaced.
    There is also a virgin file for the 2013-2015 Accord that works the same way.

I suppose there is a way to 'virginize' a dump but that is beyond me at this point.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to repairmymodule For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts

An important note for all Hondas when programming Virgin file.

--- Make sure passenger seat is empty, fully rearward and upright before switching ignition on.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to repairmymodule For This Useful Post:

Aliazadar (10th March, 2018), borshch (26th October, 2017), Brayn (22nd October, 2017), mariyan151 (22nd October, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Guys Update
    Most thanks to REpairmymodule man . He was right on the money and helped a lot in this Honda challenge
    1.Anybody that has cleared crash correctly in SRS Module of 2013-up Honda will have:
    -----all PIDs OFF( channels that show the status ON or OFF of air bag system components ) , IF any PID is ON crash is not cleared correctly
    -----Also if you disconnect any air bag system component let say seat belt it must record Trouble code in SRS , if it dose not then SRS crash data is not clear correctly.
    2. Second disconnecting the passenger seat or dissconecting the SRS Module even without replacing them Trigger the NOn recognition code in the SWS Module . Which means SWS Initialization procedure must be perform at least twice so the SWS ( seat weight Senosr ) get calibrated and initialized by the SRS Module . SRS Module dose not record SWS calibration data in it . It just get signal from SWS, so if SWS is not calibrated it dose not communicate with SRS . MY value in the wight sensor was 127 KG before i reinitialized it and wehnt to 0 kgs . here is link to Honda Acura POst collision system initialization Guide 2016 http://asashop.org/wp-content/upload...anposition.pdf
    3. SRS modules can be reused in Hondas 2013-up and they can be easilly swaped from different cars . Which means any dump is fine as long as crash is cleared corectlly and it is from the same module number . SRS Modules do not need calibration or any adaptation , just clear trouble codes in them and do SWS Initialization process. They do not have VIN or any other Component security data in them
    4. Let me tell you how I did SWS Initialization and figured all this . I used http://blog.obdii365.com/2016/07/18/...him-3-101-015/ There is newer version of this HDS HIM Software package out there and software is open source and works with this HDS HIM device that is under 100 dollars . BUT this software was good up to 2016 including )). Here is link to the complete software CD from my disc : https://mega.nz/#F!xihzzCKK!YHNy_PWFv-pNHTMa9AL7uw
    If anyone has newer version : like honda july 2017 hds 3.102.029 + i-hds diagnostic software or Honda HDS 3.102.004
    Complete Discs with Instructions Please share it

So if you have air bag light on and have no troubele codes in SRS Module . Now you know why . There are many people out there that have scaners that can not access the SWS or ODS or OPDS Modules and wonder why MY Air bag Light is on after changing emulating all airbags correctlly and cleared crash corectlly . Final step of rebuilding AIRBAG System is to Initialize SWS and that will take airbag off . I am thanksful to HDS Honda tool , but I amvery mad on LAunch X431 because it has no access to SWS calibration at least mine dont . PLEASE IF anyobdy has access to more complete software package of LAunch Pro3 and firmwear put a link here

Took me a week to figure out all this I hope it helps you guys . I hope more people will get curiosity driven not money driven like me and success will get on their side one way or another. Dont forget Curiosity keep us energized and healthy , MONEY break us down take energy away from us and make us sick . The only way in future is to exchange experience , skills and services this will keep humanity united . !!!

HERE is LINK to CLEAR Tested FILE for 2015 2016 Honda CRV USA
    https://mega.nz/#!17BglBZZ!a3hZjVKc0j6R5LofylTgkubcoeB1_5h7z5Zrc-ccxto
    Last edited by mariyan151; 24th October, 2017 at 10:19 AM.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mariyan151 For This Useful Post:

Aliazadar (10th March, 2018), bhimanathanael (24th February, 2019), djeuroalex (22nd October, 2017), MasterJJ (13th May, 2023), repairmymodule (23rd October, 2017), Vitya (25th October, 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast