Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

on the fiat vehicles , i suspect you would need to invest far more than you would spend on buying this service from a skilled auto locksmith , in fact you would find it cheaper buying the key from the main stealer than investing in the equipment to do this from scratch , it is not a vehicle that can currently be done on the cheap no matter how good a diyer or how practical you may be , even the skilled and the knowledgable cant do this on the cheap.

yes at first site , a dealer wanting £250 for a key may seem extortionate , especially when you see a key that looks the same on flea bay at a tenth of the cost, but it wont be the same key or the same quality of key , you can guarantee that , many of the copy keys that look like genuine keys on ebay are very poor quality and will quickly fail , some are actually good copies , the secret is knowing which are worth investing in and which are not , however , you cant compare an original key to a copy in many cases , its like comparing an old lada to a bentley .
    But if the dealer is £250 , you will find that on the whole an auto locksmith is far cheaper than this dealer price , but still not as cheap as the cheap ebay key , which in many cases is an illusion as you will still need someone with the equipment to precode it and code it in .
    most auto locksmiths have a significant investment in the stock and tooling they have , in many cases a far bigger investment in this than in their homes even , and its a constant investment to keep up with the technolgy . in addition they have a equally huge investment in the skills and ongoing learning again to keep up with the new technology , all of which needs paying for and makes up a good proportion of their charges .
    on the whole an auto locksmith will offer a far better service than the dealer , the dealer expects you to recover the vehicle to them and then wait up to a week for your new key , an auto locksmith can respond and resolve the lost key issue same day and supply the same key , so provides a better service and cheaper than the main dealer , which makes it a good value service .

so yes a copy lookalike key from ebay may well be a 10th of the dealer price , but this same key from a locksmith would be far less than the dealer but far more than a lookalike key from ebay , but will work and will be guaranteed with no damage to the vehicle and will be far less than the investment needed to buy a kit that would give the same result .
    if such a cheap solution was available , we would all buy it and be able to lower our own prices as wouldnt have to rely on expensive equipment for our work.

most wouldnt dream of taking a frozen Burger , a bun and a salad to macdonalds and ask them to cook it for them , yet many people have no issue to bring me their ebay key and hope il cut and code it for nothing, and get irate when i wont .

so please bear in mind that a business that must supply a product they can guarantee and warranty , has insurance or the skills and equipment to cover things when it goes wrong , must invest in safe stable and expensive equipment to provide this service and pay all their taxes along the way , will always look dear compared to a counterfeit key sold on ebay .

its a funny old world

ps : if you find this cheap solution to these cars , please share , as i know we would all like to buy cheaper solutions so we can afford to lower prices further , or invent a cheap solution to these , but please dont invent this cheap solution before we have paid off our expensive equipment , or we will all be as extinct as the dinosaurs.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 23rd October, 2017 at 12:13 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

ga2500ev (23rd October, 2017), kronk92 (24th October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

rapidlocksmiths
    thanks for you answer.
    Since I dont know the procedure for the fiat grande punto, I was just asking anybody to explain me because I'm a beginner in this business. After a few posts I realized that I needed a lot of expensive equipment and enough knowledge to do so, I told the buyer to look for a solution at some other service. I am aware that there is not much to do with cheap equipment, but since I live in samll contry Bosnia and Herzegovina, in a city of 15,000 people, of course, I do not think it worth paying big money for cars that have very low in my environment. Regardless of your experience and the money you invest in expensive equipment, I'm confident that a very small number of people can do just that. I have been investing 5000 euro in the equipment for 7 months (from the beginning of the work) and I'm currently thinking about purchasing the Tango and that's why I asked more about shopping tips but none of us answered anything except some bad answers from people who probably have less equipment than me . Man invests as much as he can and not as much as he wants. Sorry for my bad English but I I hope we understand each other.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

i appreciate that every area is not the same in what they can afford to invest for certain coverage and i suspect we all view what is considered a cheap investment differently , i consider truecode and tmpro with the needed fiat licence to be a cheap investment , true code can read the dump by obd , tmpro can prepare the remote and chip , then truecode can program the key back in by obd .
    if you have an eeprom reader that can already read the eeprom from these , then just tmpro with the relevent fiat licence is needed to prepare key and remote and modify the dump which can then be written back to eeprom with your existing equipment , which is a cheaper option again.

though an mvp pro with smart ariel and smart dongle is a cheap investment when you consider the vast car key coverage this unit has .

im sure the chinese will release a cheap programmer for these at some point , rumour is that lonsdor may be close to it , but this unit is still over $1000 usd , im sure once they crack it the chinese counterfeiters will copy it and it will appear on cheaper units again .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 23rd October, 2017 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Perhaps worth mentioning an existing remote can already be cloned to a Keyline RK60 remote head using Ultegra (not Mini) or Miraclone with appropriate licences. Miraclone can also produce an RK60 remote from a dump read with Truecode or by eeprom, without further diagnostic programming, again with the appropriate licences.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daveskeys For This Useful Post:

p1et (23rd October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

@rapidlocksmiths
    I think it is not so difficult to decrypt that file format,
    it's a question of time and desire
    excuse my English, is the best.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Thanks for all for replay. I learnd many things from this thread.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alkazav For This Useful Post:

lidons (23rd October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

You still need knowledge, patience, breathtakingness and learning.
    Quote Originally Posted by lidons View Post
    @rapidlocksmiths
    I think it is not so difficult to decrypt that file format,
    it's a question of time and desire
    and the ideal way to have a teacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkazav View Post
    Thanks for all for replay. I learnd many things from this thread.
    This is the current topic for me in 2022.10.
    508 9HD 1.6 HDI_SID807_BR2 ( 19 Faults )

today
    Subaru Forester 1999 sync. A pair of H44H and F93C46 is required.

A topic that interests me
    EDC16 CP39 need ASAP2, ols, a2l, kp map

I can not find the description .... Lucas EPIC I. II and III

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bllinda For This Useful Post:

lidons (24th October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

@Bllinda
    uufff, you're making it very difficult for me, half of things I do not have.
    It will be a question of having a stimulus, I suppose

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Yes you can do grande with basic cheap tools you only need Effi software and Chinese MVPro tool …
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

'm sad because no one thanks me for pulling on the psychological, industry, financial thread.
    fang, Narwalus microcephalus,Spectrum Zx, Atari amiga, Commodore +4

15. The Following User Says Thank You to szengen For This Useful Post:

lidons (26th October, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I have the solution for a while, @castin can say. but I need a little time to create the scrypts, if someone wants to do the scrypts can say it.
    regards

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lidons For This Useful Post:

szengen (26th October, 2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123