Audio not working
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Audio not working

Good afternoon.

Can someone please help. I updated my IMac to Windows 8.1 couple of months ago, and since I have done this the sound does not work,

I have reinstalled the Audio Driver from Realtek with no joy.

Can anyone advise me how I can get the sound back on my computer.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Realtek drivers are known to be problematic at times. Sometimes the hardware vendor drivers give these problems. I was often succesfull solving this problem bij downloading the universal driver from realtek.com.tw and most of the times this works. Something else you can check, some soundcards need to have 2 jumpers on front audioconnector on te mainboard when no front audio is connected. Some front audio cables have two connectors. When you look on the back where the wires go in, you can see that 2 x 2 pins are looped with a wire (same pins that need the jumpers when no front audio connected) The other connector is not looped. Maybe (for the current driver) you need the other connector.