Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Samsung s6 edge proximity sensor problem

Hi everyone
    I have a samsung s6 edge and i have problem with proximity sensor. Some month ago everything is ok, but i have problem with sim port. So i open the phone and repair the sim port, but after this moment the TV Remote Control didn't work any more and some time proximity sensor didn't work too. I try some ways to solve like phone reset, firmware update and some other things but no success. Finally i open the phone again and i change the proximity sensor which is together with IR sensor. But no success again, TV Remote Control didn't work and proximity sensor some time work some time didn't work. Please any help for this problem because for me is important TV Remote Control
    Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

check the service menu first nad post the values or screenshot pls
    *#0*#
    Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jodge For This Useful Post:

Fresk29 (19th February, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

For the moment proximity sensor is working, IR remote control not working. Follow are the photo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by evisdaci; 30th November, 2017 at 08:15 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

can you test the ir led pls? In the test menu or with a remote tester, or another phone?
    In the sensor test menü when you cover the proximity sensor it's passing? (green lcd and the proximity is changing 0.0 to 1.0)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jodge For This Useful Post:

evisdaci (30th November, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yes i have test and that moment it work fine. I covered phone with hand and lcd be green and value range are 0.0 and 1.0. But sometimes it didn't work and nothing happened during the test. The screen stay white and the value show 0.0 all time. For IR sensor the led turn on when i try to change channel on tv but nothing happens. I have try with different tv, ac, ect but not work. My brother have the same phone and it work fine all the time

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Please any help

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

i have some idea:
    1: you made some mistake under the disassembly and partially moved something like an smd resistor or a flex connector pin (partially working stuff)
    2: if you are used hot air gun (removing the back cover and for the sim reader fix) you overheated something
    3: you not correctly assembled the phone (e.g.flex connectors..)
    4: there is a small black rubber. His part in the game is separating the proximity sensors from each other and from the LCD glass. If you not put back or not correctly the sensor hub going to crazy. Like yours

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jodge For This Useful Post:

evisdaci (3rd December, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

One more thing i'm in the gsm business since 1994. You need proper equipments and skills this kind of jobs. I make a huge amount of money bcose the youtube and a DIY tutorials "ohh that easy i can do it too"
    Yes you can do it if you lucky enogh.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thanks mate, i have tools to do this job because i work with electronic circuit. I haven't use hot air gun, i think the problem is in connector. Maybe when i assembly the phone and when i have connect the IR sensor with motherboard in this moment maybe the connector is damaget. This is the reason and for proximity sensor with work some time and not some time. I thinks any pin on connector is damaget.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Check the felx connector under 40x microscope and adjust carefully with a extra thin needle the center of the connector. If moving it's broken and you'll see the damaged part(s)
    If really broken you will need a special infrared soldering station to change plastic flex connector on the motherboard not the regular hot air. Those are melting the connector and the infrared not so fast and you have time to change it.
    Like the ACHI IR-12000 (it's a bga rework station but you can use to smaller jobs too)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jodge For This Useful Post:

evisdaci (11th December, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't you just mix in low melt solder? That way you can reduce the temp of the hot air so it doesn't melt the connector

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

The problem is not just the plastic connector but the connector pins too. If you messed up the temp with hot air the plastic is melting and/or the golden pins are fully covered with soldering stuff even the contact area. And its not working anymore.
    If you lucky and you have some skills yeah you can do it. But better with IR station. It's like digging a grave, what you choose? Spoon or shovel? Both working