Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Opel Astra z16xep hard start

Hello Everybody

So i am very new to this and hope that someday i can positively contribute with sound advise

So I am not very technically inclined however I love leaning …..Long of the short is that I have an opel astra z16exp 1.6 twinport think it’s a 2004/2005.
    I have recently just had my entire engine rebuild however that seems just to have been the start of my problems. I have this problem where my car cranks for a good couple of seconds before it actually turns over.
    However once it started it drives fine wont switch off idles beautifully however once I turn off the motor it refuses to start….I basically have to leave the car for a while then try again….this happens whether the engine is warm or cold. I noticed once I turn the key my rev would jump up and down and when this happens I know the car wont start so I leave it a little more disconnect the battery for a little while and then try again…..So again I would turn the key only this time round the rev counter wont jump up and down this already gives me an indication that the car will start the rev will pick up just over 500rpm and then when that happens the car starts ….i have replaced the crank sensor however funny enough with the new crank sensor the car completely will not start. I have done the diagnostic on my car and came up with 2 very clear error 1 which I know contributes to the fact that my car does not rev over 3000rpm (position sensor) and the second fault code had something to do with my car key (B3055-00- Transponder key problem.)

Oh I have no warning light on my dash board at all

Please guys I am desperate if anybody knows how to cure this I would greatly appreciate I have spent so much money already and don’t know what to do anymore

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Ignore the transponder key problem,thus code is always in astra h. Check cam and crank synchronisation. I have had a problem like this before and it turned out to be starter motor. It fails inside and causes electrical interference to Ecu.

Dont one forget to press thanks