Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Default OBDSTAR X300 DP from tradelocks

Has anyone else here ordered one of these units from tradelocks? If so which configuration did you receive? Full or standard? Differences are at the bottom here.

I ordered one a few weeks ago while they where out of stock and said I didnt mind waiting for a bit until they got some more in. It arrived yesterday and it was only the standard configuration. Their website listed all the features of the Full configuration, so I thought thats what I would get (see picture). Called them today and they told me that it cant do all the things they list and they only supply the standard version.
    I purposely ordered it from them as I didnt want the hassle you sometimes get with Chinese sellers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smokey08; 6th December, 2017 at 10:35 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

they stock the keymaster version , has all key programming , immobiliser , mileage and eeprom functions , they dont sell the full configuration with the asian model diag , oil reset , battery config functions as they sell to locksmiths who wouldnt normally use these functions .
    they sell the RFID ariel seperate and im not sure but believe they are or will be selling the key renew adaptor as well as an add on.

i believe the add on for the limited diagnostic functions is around $199 usd direct from obdstar .

the unit claims so i suspect can do all the functions , but the add on licence is needed for this to activate them.

i bought one , mainly for honda , but has served me well on later fords as well as some others , pay back and into profit was very quick in my case , so ive no complaints , it has its place in my kit , its not up there with avdi and ad kit i have but its certainly got its uses.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

kronk92 (7th December, 2017)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

what price did you buy the standard configuration?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

the photo you posted is small, cant read the writing, i have the obdstar pad, but not sure which configuration i have...i didn't even know that there was 2 config

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

theres a few different versions , standard which is all keyprogramming , immo , mileage and eeprom functions , full which includes diag , oil reset , angle sensor diag etc , and now the new full that includes all of this with rfid ariel. for those that want it for some diag operations like oil reset , angle sensor etc will need full , for those just involved in keys , immo and mileage just the keymaster set up is needed

no matter what the system it still has bugs in some claimed coverage , but does give good payback and profit on what it does do well and has proved to be a good token saver and a good machine to work alongside better machines
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 8th December, 2017 at 01:16 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Trade Locks Advertised FULL VERSION Worth £1495 special offer £799.
    Then when asked why we have not got full configuration they told us we need to pay for it and the MD ordered some Cash Accounts to be closed so users are shut outfrom tradelocks as he didnt not want to deal with it anymore .
    These include Platinum and Gold account users .
    If it says FULL version and its ment to be £1500 then it should be full version .
    you can buy limited version from £500 on ebay and have Paypal protection ,
    Also i got the Keyrenew for mine too Done a BMWkey apparently it worked but wont do Vauxhall/Opel or Peugeot Citroen.
    Ok machine wont be perfect and it is being updated all the time but when you buy with good faith and item is not as described thats just plain wrong that no solution is even offered .
    Nice one TRADELOCKS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Recoder For This Useful Post:

smokey08 (18th December, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I paid around 800$ for my full one...got everything except the renew adapter, which i bought separatly for like 80$

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Locker For This Useful Post:

Recoder (18th December, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Yep i paid £60 for key adaptor etc .
    Does your one work on PSA group etc and Vauxhall unlock.

Just been onto OBDSTAR and they say have to deal with supplier at the moment but they dont want to know.
    And if machine can get deregistered 25%restocking fee .

Restocking fee because item sold as not described .
    What Consumer law would that come under mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Recoder For This Useful Post:

smokey08 (18th December, 2017)