computer virus everything lost
Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Default computer virus everything lost

i hat allot off programs i lost evything immo tools hex compare tools dpf egr faultcode off software if some members can help me otherwise i must start again asking pass wait for replay i try also to help other members what i can but now need help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Start PC with a Linux Live USB Stick
    2. Plug in a 2. Harddisk or USB HDD -> it has to be the same size or larger !!!
    3. mount 2. HDD in a folder
    4. open terminal and type "dd if=/dev/sdx of=/mounted-folder/hdd-backup.img"
    5. Use a Live System Antivirus and try to remove the virus -> https://www.lifewire.com/free-bootab...-tools-2625785
    if something goes wrong u can still recover the hdd-backup.img to hdd
    6. When the files are deleted, you can try to recover them with "PhotoRec" -> but first delete the virus

And on the end -> make a backup of your files

Think with bit googling you should find the tutorials for the described way.
    But it will take lot of time my friend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

check with caspersky if you are infected by sality virus, if yes, repair will be long because this virus polute exe files. You'll have to download again all your programs.