Mercedes COMMAND 2.0 for W163 language decode project
Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Mercedes COMMAND 2.0 for W163 language decode project

Hi folks. I would like to personalize my nav-radio Mercedes Command 2.0 for W163 ML. The problem is, standard languages haven't my language on list. So I will do reverse engenieering to edit and change data. But I dont know which memories contain bootloader, menu data etc.

1. CD-Rom drive for NAVI is like separated ECU with bga NEC mcu and one eeprom 24C01 and one described flash: AM29LV160DT and RAM's i think - 8925904553 from AMD. I dont know what data are stored in eeprom and flash, but menu and another function on display remain when i disconnect NAVI CD-drive.

2. In bottom side of radio main board is IC looks like eeprom, labeled B57820, means such TI948B. in upper side is big mcu with plastic mask and labeles Blaupunkt FIS 3-MCM, but it is bga package. next IC with memory is mcu MC68HC05C4A with 4kB ROM. And here are also metal plated boxes with tuner and another sub-PCB's with IC's not discovered yet. And somewhere there are located bootloader and main program with language I looking for.

3. In PCB connected to displayboard is motorola ecu MC68HC05B16with 6kB ROM and 256bytes EEPRMOM. But when I turn on Radio and disconnect this - sound still is heard... So I think bootloader and main program with languages is not present here, but i'm not sure.

Could anybody help me to recognoze this and choose proper memory to play with?
    Best Regarrds
    0a.jpg 3a.jpg 5s.jpg 1a.jpg 2a.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

maby you most try to find a update cd (Firmware)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    756 Posts

Hello friend,

Easier to do it like this.
    Edit the Firmware CD and make download on device.
    Firmware for User Interface is on one of the sub PCB's.

Regards,
    Sima

4. The Following User Says Thank You to simaservis1108 For This Useful Post:

WinWoj (18th December, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Mates, do you know type of the IC, where is placed firmware user interface? In example, when I damage Command during upgrade or wrong chks, wrong data etc.. Could you also upload or send old sw, because i found patches with my language, but when I'd like to set older s/w?

Edit: when I made quick binary review of Firmware CD - files of tree-structure of Command system, I saw in header three type of flash memory - 29DL160, 29LV16SB,
    29DL800, 28F800
    29F400, 28F400.

In wich is places firmware user interface and has anybody able to show me that hidden sub-PCB with this memory, becouse is gard to open this metal-plated boxes with sub-PCB's...

best regards
    Last edited by WinWoj; 18th December, 2017 at 10:30 PM.