Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Peugeot 406 coupe 2001 anti pollution system fault

Hi Guys,

I have this anti-pollution system fault on the dash. The DPF filter has been taken off and power blasted clean. I have refilled the dpf tank with AdBlu but cannot get the system to regenerate. What I would like to do would be to remove the DPF filter system by cutting out all the DPF innards and then welding the DPF canister back in place: this would not be a problem on the Isle of Man, as we don't have an annual MOT system in place, so removal is not illegal over here. I don't envisage difficulties in sorting out the part, but then I would need to reprogram the ECU to tell it that the DPF is no longer there - this is where I need some advice. I have read that this is possible using a galletto cable and an ecu reprogramming programme from ebay. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Pictures of this procedure with step-by-step instructions would be fantastic!

Here's hoping!

Rob Earner

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Have a look in chip tuning for your ecu number and dpf (and egr) removal. Lots of reading.
    V Series TMS470 / EEPROM data - encryption / decryption, totally pwned.

IEC 62056-21 - new discussion: sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=60412.0

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Hi M8,
    To complete or even start regen processes must not have fault codes in the system but include glow plugs, temperature sensors, fans, etc.
    If you can read flash I can modify do deactivate the system without errors
    Regards.
    Chiptuning file services ,custom remaps, inmo off, egr off, dpf off, adblue off, flaps off, tva off, lambda off, speed limit, selective dtc´s deleting ,etc.
    Worldwide assistance.
    All brands, All vehicles, All files.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

You need to get it mapped out you have most possibly screwed your additive system and contaminated your fuel system with adblue.

Eolys Fluid is used for DPF not adblue. its injected into the fuel not like adblue which is injected directly into exhaust.