Can anyone help, ive lost some channels signals but others are ok
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Can anyone help, ive lost some channels signals but others are ok

Hi, i've been having a few problems of late concerning a few channels on 13e. The main one is canal+sport 2. canal+ sport works but not 2. I'll have signal at 70% snr and 100% quality according to signal finder but then it pixelises and drops out. Ive got a duo with disceq and have done all the usual things such as changing all the wires, even went and bought an ultra black lnb (which id wanted for a while anyway ) and whilst its improved the quality its still dropping out. Other channels on the canal+ are working perfectly. There are other channels dropping out as well. I thought it may be down to the weather but this has been ongoing for 3 weeks now. Can anyone help please?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

did you change the Diseqc switch

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

catalinosonesti (3rd December, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, the thing is i get some channels on the same package on the same satellite exactly the same as before. Since the dish is being aligned i figured it couldnt be that, is that right? Its weird though because these channels get over 70% signal with 100% signal quality so its aligned ok but keeps dropping the lock which ive never heard of before. All thats left to change is the disceq or the dish though. Dish looks totally fine, no rust or dents, the motor seems to work fine so im sort of stuck.

Thanks for the reply btw

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I see you have a motor and not a diseqc switch which i assumed from your initial post, if so points to a fault in the motor and or receiver somewhere. is it an original Vu Duo if so it is more than likely way past its sell by date although a new power supply could remedy it same goes for the motor nothing lasts forever and from what you describe sounds like a power fluctuation either from receiver not giving the motor/lnb combo enough power or the motor is faulty.

check the channels that are causing the problem whether they are on Vertical or horizontal frequency, Vertical requires 13v and Horizontal 18v so Horizontal need that little bit more juice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are different channels having problems but always just the same ones. Some are H, others V, differing frequencies, some high some low etc. The motor turns ok and ive just tried another power supply, had a spare one. It could be the box however as ive had it years now but it is an original one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quick update, ive changed all the cables again, bought a supreme intelligent dark motor, new lnb which was a darkgold that came with it and the ultra black i already had just bought and for some reason i still cant get a good signal on some channels. Obviously had to redo putting the satellite dish and motor up, positive its straight. Good signal on every satellite from 30w to 28e that i could always get. Currently checking and just as an example canal sport 1 71% snr, 100% agc, canal+ sport 2 pixelates and says tuner failed then comes back in every few seconds at 69% snr and 100% agc but keeps losing lock.

The above is an example but loads of other channels do this, just check and novella tv which is on 11662 v 26500 3/4 does the same, cana.l sport 2 is 11448 h 26500 3/4. Others on 7/8 and higher or lower in frequency do the same. Does anyone have any idea what else it could be? Im using a vu+ duo original so its fairly old but i find it odd that theres only a few signal problems. Any help is much appreciated as ive spent quite a bit to sort this out with nothing to show for it