2004 BMW 530i e60 digiprog3 speedometer malfunctions error after
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2004 BMW 530i e60 digiprog3 speedometer malfunctions error after

Hi guys I'm hoping someone can help me I purchased a digiprog3 off Amazon brand new with the 40 cables and basically I removed my 2004 BMW 530i cluster opened it up to get to the eeprom I attached the st01 cable to the epprom while it was on the circuit board changed the mileage but once I plugged back in the cluster to the BMW the cluster went into cluster test mode where all the dials and stuff move back and forth etc it stays in that mode for hours but once I turn the ignition key over to start position the cluster comes on..... Then I got all the malfunctions warnings like speedometer malfunction dynamic body malfunction tpm malfunction. Cruise control malfunction etc.... When I off the car and turn it back on the cluster works for 10 seconds then the rpm needle, fuel gauge, and the litres per 100kms guage go dead but the speedometer still works which shows how fast I'm going..... Also my fuel range is affected I filled the tank up but the fuel range only went up Abit I tried connecting to cas3 model it search's for about a minute than says unkown version..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The mileage did change to the amount I set it at but now there's the red tamper dot along with the issues and malfunctions etc.... My main concern is the fuel range and fuel gauge as I don't know how much I have.... But I really wanna fix all those malfunctions and erase them.... What do I need to do?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    286 Posts

hi your eeprom is damage .you cant read write 35080 or dq80 on board .every time she desolder . Now desolder eep from board . Search new dump on DK and try write back. For cas3 you need read 9s12 if not work obd2 or bay better expensive tool. Do not trying read cas3 with Digiprog3 mcu is secured . on Bmw you cant change mileage only on cluster old jump back First time try change mileage on easy cars and not BMW .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi sorry I don't understand the lingo. So what should I do now? All I did was attach cable clip over the eeprom changed the mileage and then put the cluster back in the car.. and all these issues happened. I'm in Canada Vancouver bc is there anyone I can call for help I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lotto786 View Post
    Hi sorry I don't understand the lingo. So what should I do now? All I did was attach cable clip over the eeprom changed the mileage and then put the cluster back in the car.. and all these issues happened. I'm in Canada Vancouver bc is there anyone I can call for help I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help
    If you don't understand wgat previous poster posted I think your in the wrong game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Don't forget to hit thanks button

5. The Following User Says Thank You to javyb For This Useful Post:

nenadgorgi (15th January, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lotto786 View Post
    Hi guys I'm hoping someone can help me I purchased a digiprog3 off Amazon brand new with the 40 cables and basically I removed my 2004 BMW 530i cluster opened it up to get to the eeprom I attached the st01 cable to the epprom while it was on the circuit board changed the mileage but once I plugged back in the cluster to the BMW the cluster went into cluster test mode where all the dials and stuff move back and forth etc it stays in that mode for hours but once I turn the ignition key over to start position the cluster comes on..... Then I got all the malfunctions warnings like speedometer malfunction dynamic body malfunction tpm malfunction. Cruise control malfunction etc.... When I off the car and turn it back on the cluster works for 10 seconds then the rpm needle, fuel gauge, and the litres per 100kms guage go dead but the speedometer still works which shows how fast I'm going..... Also my fuel range is affected I filled the tank up but the fuel range only went up Abit I tried connecting to cas3 model it search's for about a minute than says unkown version..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The mileage did change to the amount I set it at but now there's the red tamper dot along with the issues and malfunctions etc.... My main concern is the fuel range and fuel gauge as I don't know how much I have.... But I really wanna fix all those malfunctions and erase them.... What do I need to do?
    Last edited by brend; 15th January, 2018 at 12:35 PM.

NB!!! Don't ask in PM old file password , Im not remember.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

If I were you. I'd take the car to a technician dude. According to your post, it looks like you don't have the rights tools or skills to handle it. BMW clocking is not an easy job bro.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to letalcrudo For This Useful Post:

nenadgorgi (15th January, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

need reprogramming cluster using I COM ( ISTA P) !!!
    B.R

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

So I guess you seen a video on YouTube showing how easy it is to correct mileage on YouTube! Lol
    no such thing and trying to jump right in is as simple as oil changes,
    sure anyone can change oil but all the noobs are using the improper oil and not even changing filter then when the engine blows are asking warranty to cover it! All fun in games till they discover you’ve been using straight 40 weight oil in a euro car that’s meant to run 0-30/0-40 euro oil and then tell you your 2 year old S550’s warranty is cancelled and it’s $15,000-$20,000 to replace engine! Congratulations you’ve just turned a $100,000 car into a $20,000 car! Get your weight up! And get some proper tools $20,000+ or find a new business!
    Had a issue Had a issue with my uploads so if you see one of my posts and need that dump let me know and I'll post it!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

First !!!
    You are a NEW in the Section "Mileage correction" and you think BMW E60 is easy to Modify

Have you save Backup from eeprom with Clip?
    When you dont save backup read eeprom from your Cluster and upload your Dump here.

When you dont know how to transfer Dump from Digiprog to PC say us the ---> REAL MILEAGE from car.
    and we can say what you need write in eeprom Menü from Digiprog the first 2 lines

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,605 Posts

First mate to do enything like anderstand what he to do (but realy nothing anderstand what he did).Now car have big trable.
    After all this (good job ) he ask how it to do exactly this job.......................
    I anderstand, he not have original and he not anderstand nothing.
    I think with this car for him game over......

Before take this job and if you dont know nothing ,you must get much informatsion what and how ,talk more with people who know what its this............and after thinking you to do this job or not.
    Last edited by brend; 15th January, 2018 at 07:21 PM.

NB!!! Don't ask in PM old file password , Im not remember.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Read again and post dump here maybe it cab be fix ,but u defenetly need other machines to do cas and new eeprom
    Last edited by epd1221; 15th January, 2018 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi yes I'm very new where can I read and learn how to do this properly... I don't have any coding backround.... I did save two files for this eeprom but I'm not sure if I did it properly I just tried reading it and posting pic to this reply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm trying to attach image not sure if it's working

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there a more extensive manual on how to do this step by step. Also any books you guys recommend I read to learn this industry better ? Thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast