Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mpps v.13.02 vw edc15vm+ writing issue, help needed!

Hi

It seems i can`t get my project car`s ECU flashed no matter what and i have no idea what to do next. Any advice or shared knowledge would be much appreciated!

So for the background: Car is vw golf which originally had AGR engine, i fitted ALH engine with vnt-turbo so i`m trying to flash original ECU (038 906 012K, EDC15VM+) with ALH:s file from (038 906 012M) using mpps v13.02 and windows 7 32-bit laptop.

So the new engine is fitted and electrics etc sorted, it fires up and idles properly so i think everything including ecu is in working condition. Now i just have to get ALH or similar file uploaded to the ecu for proper overall functioning.

Mpps finds ECU id properly, it reads ECU properly or so i presume, it starts to write ECU but almost every time when the process is at 70% same "mpps error, an error has occurred" message shows up and stops the flash. After the flash has gone bad, car still starts normally, i can read the ECU etc like nothing had happened.

These are the things i have tried this far without success: tried to write at default and slow speed, took #11 fuse off, car`s battery is allways above 12v, tried mpps software with windows 8 and 7 with and without compatilibity modes (win xp etc), have re-installed mpps and according usb driver many times (even formated laptop so there aren`t any overlap with software/drivers) i took fuse #15 off but then mpps can`t find ECU at all.

So i went and opened the Ecu to figure out how to flash it in bootmode but it differs from other Edc15 i have seen in google/forums so I think the Ecu has been modded/chipped earlier on? Is the flashing still doable with mpps and is the process still the same as for examble in this post? http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...very-with-MPPS

Any thougths or advices what would be the easiest and safest way to get the original ecu to control VNT turbo in this case considering that time is at essence?

I have already modded downpipes, cooler piping, oil-lines etc so i really wouldn`t want to put back actuator turbo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by finfoosh; 16th January, 2018 at 08:36 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Remove Flash and write your MOD file with Programmer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bersch8688 View Post
    Remove Flash and write your MOD file with Programmer.
    Hi, can you be more specific about this process?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

The file you are trying to write, is it the same size as the original? Is the ECU running right now? try reading the ecu on bench (not bootmode) ... and last ... try another programmer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by levisdj View Post
    The file you are trying to write, is it the same size as the original? Is the ECU running right now? try reading the ecu on bench (not bootmode) ... and last ... try another programmer!
    Hi!
    -Yes it is the same size (512kt)
    -Ecu worked fine after (car started) last flash that went south
    I now have the ecu at the table and i'm trying to figure out what to use as powersource to get it online. Is 12v 15amp car battery loader sufficient for this job? Don't have any computer powersources lying around atm.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

post files here, ori and mod, to compare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

Agr 2811 file is original
    Alh 2813 file is the one i tried to flash to the ecu
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mpps error message "no external powersource found" aaargh starting to get frustrated.
    Double, Triple, quaddruble checked everything, checked mpps soldering no flaws to be seen, powersource works ok, but still no success. Really considering about planting agr wastegate turbo back or propably just riding my bike for the rest of my days...
    Attached Images Attached Images