Register

Thread: hi all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hi all

can anyone help me out with a renault trafic immobiliser problem before i go find that petrol can and lighter knew i should have bought an ford

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Need more information before anyone can help you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ah sorry i have a problem with an immobiliser im sure its electronic so thought i would try here i had a new key coded when i bought the van a few months ago since then its been great but yesterday it would not start again it seems like an intermittent fault so was wondering if anyone could help with an emergency bypass and how to apply it i have rang the main stealer they wanted around 180 plus cost of new key and programing which is way above my means someone told me i should have an emergency override code in boks but sadly thats missing as well the joys of secondhand any help appreciated thanks

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts

what makes you think its an immobiliser fault ? these vans have a few issues that can cause intermittent starting problems , the most common being crank shaft sensor .

the little red light on your dash , whats this doing when you switch the ignition on to position 2 , is it ;

1) comming on solid for a few seconds then going out and staying out
    2) flashing on and off continuously
    3) comming on solid and staying on and doesnt go out

crank shaft sensors going on these are very common , engine cranks over but wont start , cam shaft sensors also fairly common and has same starting issues , duff air flow meter will also cause starting issues , also causes loss of power when driving , all very common issues on trafic

idealy you need someone with good diag to read the fault codes to id correct faults

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

dijo (19th January, 2018)