MAG 250 - image update problem
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default MAG 250 - image update problem

Hi all, i would be grateful for some help with a problem i have with my MAG 250.
    I used it for iptv with a provider who has sudden disappeared and all channels went off.
    I had been using a file that was installed by usb which i assume to be the provider's image.
    I have done a factory reset and all i have on screen are the usual options in the menu but
    after checking the info i see that my image version is 0. After trying many times to update software both
    by the MAG option and usb i have no success. i keep getting 'wrong signature' via the MAG option and tmtp loading
    if trying to reset via BIOS menu. The usb method always results in no image found.
    PLEASE can someone help as it's taken me 2 days and got nowhere.
    Thank you in advance for your help...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

If it's a Chinese box then you need a firmware image from the supplier of the box. If you use the firmware for the genuine box, then you may brick it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's a genuine box but it was using an image provided by the previous provider.
    Anything i can do?
    Last edited by satlover276; 22nd January, 2018 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

UPDATE: I've been informed that the old provider does not lock boxes so it looks like the usb i am using to flash the latest firmware is not working as it doesn't find the file.
    Also, i get 'wrong signature' every time i try an update from the MAG itself..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi for MAG 250 where i can find firmware for download
    Cheers