Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MPPS v13 recovery EDC16 possible? Possible to clone ECU?

Hi guys,

I´m quite new to OBD tuning (but have experience mapping with OEM tools) and I want to learn how I can prepare for mistakes.

I have:
    - MPPS V13 clone (the white one if it matters)
    - Galetto 1260 (or if I´m honest, a generic blue KKL Cable with flashed Galetto serial)

- an EDC16U34 ECU

I tried reading it with the Galetto "Frankenstein" thing. Diagnostic works and without problems, but the Galetto software will give me an Error (sadly I didn´t take a snapshot).
    So I got an MPPS V13 tool.

I have read, that the MPPS is able to recover EDC15 ECUs if I open the ECU.
    Is it possible to recover a bricked EDC16 ECU with the MPPS tool and some kind of DIY rig? If yes, could you point me to some useful information on how?

Is it possible to recover a "partially"?!? bricked ECU (bad flash/ no Checksum corr.) with other methods? I´ve read something like trying to reflash it with a full original file?!?

Is it possible to clone a used EDC16 ECU with MPPS? Do I need to do something different than flashing it like normal? Or is this just possible with disabled IMMO?

Thanks a lot for your answers. I´m really glad that sites like this exists where you can get such useful information!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

You need read ECU by BDM!
    OBD is not enough!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bersch8688 For This Useful Post:

Cornholio207 (22nd January, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay,
    so which somewhat attainable tool does good work as BDM tool? BDM 100?

A somewhat strange question: Is there maybe a program for an Arduiono to use the Arduino as flash tool? I saw a blackhat presentation (somewhere on youtube) about two guys who used an arduino to at least flash a I think it was a 1.9TDI. So probably EDC15/16. It probably wasn´t via OBD.

Edit:
    I think I found the guy flashing the EDC by using an Arduino:
    https://github.com/fjvva/ecu-tool/bl...mo_Desktop.ino

It looks like you can flash with the arduino, but not complete (because 512kb?!?)- at least yet.