Register
    Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Default Iveco Daily 2007 auto gearbox fault

Hi, i had a look at a mates Iveco Daily (2007) that has come up a fault on the dash for the automatic gearbox (don't have a not of the number that come up on the dash). When i previously spoke with him about it, he indicated that there were no obvious symptoms while driving the van, and drove fine. Today i'm told that sometimes when slowing downhill it would jump into Neutral and cat get any gears till turn the engine off and back on again.

Today i went to his yard and did a quick scan of the diagnostics, and come up with the following faults in the gearbox.

Code:
    Gearbox (Gearbox - ESV1 Agile CAN)

DTC Description
    2 - Vehicle can line, speed signal faulty – Inactive - Frequency counter 1
    119 - Clutch actuator, signal out of range – Inactive - Frequency counter 5
    84 - Vehicle can line, torque faulty – Inactive - Frequency counter 1
    108 - Vehicle can line, delay when receiving can message – Inactive - Frequency counter 1 
    71 - Vehicle can line, can mux timeout – Inactive - Frequency counter 1
    121 - Vehicle can line, communication error – Inactive - Frequency counter 1
    109 - Vehicle can line, delay when receiving can message – Inactive - Frequency counter 13
    83 - Vehicle can line, speed signal faulty – Inactive - Frequency counter 1
    111 - Vehicle can line, delay when receiving can message – Inactive - Frequency counter 1 
    85 - Vehicle can line, torque faulty – Inactive - Frequency counter 1
    Has anyone seen anything like this in the past with no apparent symptoms? I'll be going back to do some checks later.
    The first thing that jumped out at me was the number of can-bus related faults present, but he had the battery go flat because someone left lights on, and i've seen faults like this with a lot of can bus codes due to dead batteries. (There were also a number of similar can-bus related faults in the Engine ECU, ABS etc).

Anyway, the code of interest at the moment is "119 - Clutch actuator, signal out of range – Inactive - Frequency counter 5"
    Anyone can shed any light this fault code? Is there a sensor which feedback its position, or done by current etc? Can it maybe just getting tight and needing some lubrication? I would appreciate if anyone has any service & repair manual or wiring diagrams for this van or even just gearbox?

Thanks in advance

P.S. last night when i cleared scanned the codes, i also cleared the memory. Today the van had been out for a drive and no faults are registered in the gearbox.
    Last edited by WRX 14; 23rd January, 2018 at 02:46 PM.