Register

Thread: motor problem

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default motor problem

after about 4 months use my morised dish started missing signal missing sats etc but most of the time i could find the signal moving east and west but around xmas it got worse not hitting signal on 28e whatever i tried,i have had the installers out and the dish was not moving some of the times when they were asking me to send it to different sats they never actually went up and checked close up (dish on chimney) but they are saying its a sticky motor so need to replace it,i have been in touch with the ebay dealer who sold the system to me with a 1 yr garuntee but he wants me to return the motor first before he would consider sending a replacement but this will mean i have to pay the installers to take it down then wait until replacement arrives and pay again to get that fitted rather than get the replacement first and get the switch over done at once.
    i might as well buy a new motor and just get the job done all at once can anyone reccomend a reliable motor and a reliable supplier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Go direct to TECHNOMATE and purchase a motor from them, or let members know were you are, who will let you know of a supplier in your area who could get the motor for you and install.

DEN

3. The Following User Says Thank You to den1 For This Useful Post:

footycard steve (30th January, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by den1 View Post
    Go direct to TECHNOMATE and purchase a motor from them, or let members know were you are, who will let you know of a supplier in your area who could get the motor for you and install.

DEN
    thanks DEN,
    i'm in northumberland if anyone knows a good local supplier.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

The TM's are not bad but again can be very un-reliable, One of the most reliable motors i have ever used is STAB again probably double the price but engineered well and built to last.

After the STAB brand i would probably consider the Dark Motor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

footycard steve (30th January, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    The TM's are not bad but again can be very un-reliable, One of the most reliable motors i have ever used is STAB again probably double the price but engineered well and built to last.

After the STAB brand i would probably consider the Dark Motor
    is STAB a brand or a type of motor ? its a dark motor that's installed now causing the problem,i had 4.8e on for 30 mins tonight then signal went and I cannot get a signal on any sat but not sure if the dish is even moving.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by footycard steve View Post
    is STAB a brand or a type of motor ? its a dark motor that's installed now causing the problem,i had 4.8e on for 30 mins tonight then signal went and I cannot get a signal on any sat but not sure if the dish is even moving.
    STAB is the Brand.

Before shelling out for a new motor have you tried a hard reset on the motor.

Disconnect receiver cable underneath motor hold both buttons in underneath motor, re-connect receiver cable while still holding both buttons in. wait around 10 seconds lights should flash and motor should return to its '0' position

Worth a try

9. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

footycard steve (31st January, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

thanks,i'll ask them to try the hard reset first once they get here should be this week with a bit luck as i've been waiting ages to get it sorted.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

been let down again today by my local installers so going to give another company i've used before a try, at the minute its hiiting signal on some transponders and not on others 4.8 e 9e and i know there are working channels on both.