Register
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alsa75 View Post
    Now I'm confuse of what cadillac I did cut the key and just started the car. I did couple of Cadillacs.
    Yes, you right, just checked the spreadsheet of the Chip that I have, and it says that that cadillac deville uses pk3 with megamos 13 chip.
    But my question is, why iKey have no option of key programming. I think that the option is in 2003 or 2004. You made me confuse now. I have to check the ikey programmer.
    Escalade is the only cadi I can think of which has no chip till GM's line up went to id46.
    All the sedans use pk3 from at least 2000-2005. Some buicks even since 98.

In rare cases the immobilizer system can have errors and it will allow starting for awhile but it wont last.

As to why ikey doesn't have it, I can't answer that. I was a bit surprised myself. Even Ck100 has this system. I don't think ikey had any of the early pk systems. (Venture, gran prix, etc...)
    Last edited by narkeleptk; 18th September, 2019 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hello all thanks for sharing this infos
    But is the token free ? Is still updated free or have to pay ?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

As i read it has only 2 payable updates
    Gm\toyota 2018 and ford 2018 any one can confirm and if without these 2 software till wich year include on device
    Also can it read psa pin all key lost ?
    Regards

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

2007 ford explorer BOTH x300dp and autek ikey820 fail to even communicate on the immo side( tried many different ways) FAIL

x300dp could go into diagnostics side though

JOB DONE BY YOU GUESSED IT!!!

CK200 for the win 10 minutes later

next up is a 2010 infiniti M35

again we have total failure on the autek ikey820 FAIL

it was even saying the NEW picode was the old pincode

had to go into the the x300dp under manual and choose type MC as automatic was not working

also i checked just for fun CK200 did it without issue........

so success x2 with the obdstar and ckstar units just not autek
    The thanks button is HERE looks like this --->>> THANKS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyrz View Post
    2007 ford explorer BOTH x300dp and autek ikey820 fail to even communicate on the immo side( tried many different ways) FAIL

x300dp could go into diagnostics side though

JOB DONE BY YOU GUESSED IT!!!

CK200 for the win 10 minutes later

next up is a 2010 infiniti M35

again we have total failure on the autek ikey820 FAIL

it was even saying the NEW picode was the old pincode

had to go into the the x300dp under manual and choose type MC as automatic was not working

also i checked just for fun CK200 did it without issue........

so success x2 with the obdstar and ckstar units just not autek
    Thanks @sleepyrz for your feedback after reads your ppst i will buy that beast ck200 till what year it can cover
    Regards

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy haddad View Post
    Thanks @sleepyrz for your feedback after reads your ppst i will buy that beast ck200 till what year it can cover
    Regards
    its pretty much ck100 with added cars and features and corrections and it comes with 10,246 tokens on it so it will pretty much never run out.............

it was last updated about 2016 i think

it has come through on many jobs when much newer machines wouldnt

it doesnt have a lot of the newer systems but for the older stuff its damn solid

just look up a ck200 and the updates it had and the differences plenty of info out there on what they added
    The thanks button is HERE looks like this --->>> THANKS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yesterday I got my new IKEY820. It looks like SKP900 V 2.0. The menu is the same, but with new updates and features.

Today the first test. Ford Transit Custom 2014. Since the last update (2.1.9) Ford Euro is also in the list.

Result: failed, it starts reading the security code and stoped at 10%

Unfortunately, the second attempt under Ford US was unsuccessful.

Job done with Smart Pro.

Next week I will continue testing

Regards
    buntbart
    Last edited by buntbart; 9th November, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ray-ray View Post
    Share what it can do with the forum. We are all loooking to save a dollar.
    sware costs us more in long run as another tool appears in 6 months - unfinished w bugs

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This tool is getting better, I think.
    It has many glitches, like other people stated, sometimes SKP900 does better job. But it works on some newer cars. For example, today I programmed used key to 2015 Nissan Leaf (adding the key), even though it was quite scary.
    Never done this car before. Had both working and second (used) keys in the car (I think this was my mistake). Tool connected, pulled PIN no problem, then asked to turn ignition on (no slot or place for smart key or I couldn't find it). So I pressed Start button by working key. Tool was thinking for a while, than gave "connection error". Then comes scary part - original key stopped working. Sh*t. Tried once more - same result. Dash still was turning on though and showing I-key error or something like that. It didn't look good at all. But when I've tried to move the car, to my big surprise it moved! After some checking I occasionally found that second key (which was simply sitting in my pocket) now opens the doors! Then I removed this second key from the car and tried to program key with just one (original) key inside the car. Same thing - tool gave "connection error" at the end, but nevertheless, original key was programmed and started working again! I went outside, grabbed another key. Guess what? It stopped working! But when I took it inside and clicked start button with it, it also started working again .
    Most funny part - after turning ignition on few times "I-Key error" disappeared too!
    So even though it was pain in the a**, I've got two keys programmed with Ikey 820. BTW, SKP-900 couldn't do anything with this car (or at least I wasn't able to do it).

PS. Follow up - after some driving Check engine light came up on Nissan Leaf, P0513 (incorrect immobilizer key). So there's definitely not all smooth.

Other Nissan done recently with Autek iKey820 - 2008 Nissan 370Z. Added smart key - one minute, automatic PIN, no problems, very easy.
    2011 VW Routan add fobik - 2 min, no problems.
    Last edited by ranchero; 16th November, 2019 at 12:06 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ranchero View Post
    This tool is getting better, I think.
    Most funny part - after turning ignition on few times "I-Key error" disappeared too!
    So even though it was pain in the a**, I've got two keys programmed with Ikey 820. BTW, SKP-900 couldn't do anything with this car (or at least I wasn't able to do it).

PS. Follow up - after some driving Check engine light came up on Nissan Leaf, P0513 (incorrect immobilizer key). So there's definitely not all smooth.
    \.
    This happens if the system is not learned and closed properly. Doesn't sound like it was ikeys fault other then maybe poor instructions. He did his job of getting into the programming system which is pretty good.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to narkeleptk For This Useful Post:

ranchero (17th November, 2019)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by narkeleptk View Post
    This happens if the system is not learned and closed properly. Doesn't sound like it was ikeys fault other then maybe poor instructions. He did his job of getting into the programming system which is pretty good.
    I think you're absolutely correct.
    Unfortunately, there are no clear instructions on the screen at all, and I couldn't find them on the Internet for Nissan Leaf. Not sure if they are the same with other Nissans of similar age. If I remember correctly - tool says "success", which (I think) only enters programming mode. I click OK. Next screen says "turn ignition on", but doesn't say how this should be done, where should be the keys. I clicked start button with original key, ignition turned on. I clicked OK on the tool, it was thinking a bit and then gave "programming failed" or something like that.

I found this info on the internet for Nissan Leaf, they used ZedFULL just to get car into programming mode, then basically all was done without tool:

"What we do is to just ZF to turn off the electric steering wheel lock, it will find bcm, convert to pin and turn off steering wheel lock in one process, then you dont have to use ZF anymore, just register keys. push button with key logo so dash comes on, push buttom again to dash goes off, click unlock, if thats the last key, finish with lock.
    doors must be closed when doing last key and finishing programming with lock button on key.
    a message in dash will blink 5 times to confirm that programming mode is finished. id it doednt blink, simply repeat last two steps, push start button with key to light dashboard, push start button again to let the dash go off, push unlock, then lock. dashboard will confirm.
    remember to start with no keys in car, and no more than one key inside the car in any given time during programming."

Any comments on this? Second key was used key - does it matter?
    Also - I didn't do steering unlock since it wasn't locked. Do I have to do it anyway?
    Last edited by ranchero; 18th November, 2019 at 08:27 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

After it goes into the learn mode then usually you can just do a series of key on/key off using the key(s) on button and then ending it with a few key on/off using the first key you attempted to add. Generally it will appear on the display screen something about "key programming completed" The best tool I remember having decent directions for the entire process is autels 908 tho Im not familiar with a lot of the newer tools on these models.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

My opinion but ikey is on it's way out.. but, some dude on fb group is having trouble with new bosscom Arial. maybe token server will last. Sell loaded 820 and get basic APP. End up even better coverage for same price once sold give or take. /end drunken rant

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Basic has good coverage but the hardware can not handle the GM stuff.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

narkeleptk (17th November, 2019)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darknezz19 View Post
    My opinion but ikey is on it's way out.. but, some dude on fb group is having trouble with new bosscom Arial. maybe token server will last. Sell loaded 820 and get basic APP. End up even better coverage for same price once sold give or take. /end drunken rant
    I don't mind keeping Autek. It works on quite few cars and has exactly same beauty as SKP-900 - it's absolutely dumb box. Quick start, no Android or any other sh*t to load. You disconnect it and it loses ALL information about anything or anybody, no accounts, no personal information, will never ask for any updates (unless YOU want to update), will not expire and will not all of a sudden start downgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by ray-ray View Post
    Basic has good coverage but the hardware can not handle the GM stuff.
    Your answers create more questions Website says all versions have same hardware and software. Is this not true? Basic can not do GM at all or just certain models?
    Also - can precoding adapter be connected to basic version (if purchased separately)?

"The AutoProPAD BASIC has the same transponder programming capabilities as the LITE, but with a simplified delivery method. The LITE has a Bluetooth VCI Box that connects to the vehicle’s OBD port, which leaves you free to pace madly around the vehicle you’re programming all while keeping the tablet in-hand. The BASIC has a hard-wired connection from the tablet to the OBD port (like the full)."

image003.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ranchero; 18th November, 2019 at 11:20 AM.