Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Mercedes MB Vito W639 Fan Speed Control problems

Hi all,

I'm trying to get to the bottom of another problem on this vito of mine. The fan speed control does not seem to have any effect and the blower is constantly on at slow speed.

I thought I came to the conclusion that the fan switch is bad. The resistor pack failing usually means that the speed only operates on speed 5 but this is not the case. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues and may be able to point in some diagnostic procedures!

Does anyone have resistance values of the heater resistor for checking? it seems to be between 0.7-2 ohms between pins there.

Also... the fan control switch, can I check its operation with a multimeter from the pins on the back? I don't seem to have a common earth on the pins to check for continuity there but if I prod the plate at the back it seems to behave?

When I pulled the board out I noticed that a Tuco branded relay may have issues one of the pins looks like its being getting rather hot and is black and oxidised. with "flash" marking around on the green PCB masking.
    MPPS Standalone Master, Magpro Base + X17, Dimsport New Genius, Piasini, Galletto V53, Kess V2, K-Tag, Trasdata remapping tools | OP-COM, VCDS, Fiat MultiECUScan, Ford F Super, Renault CAN Clip V124, INPA/NCS Expert + others.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

what about diagnostic???what fault codes?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Still no Diag for this at the moment... waiting to pick up a D630 or T43 as the star tablet is useless so far.

But... I resoldered up the dodgy joint (think it was pin 5 on the datasheet for the relay) and speed control is now working once again. Phew!
    MPPS Standalone Master, Magpro Base + X17, Dimsport New Genius, Piasini, Galletto V53, Kess V2, K-Tag, Trasdata remapping tools | OP-COM, VCDS, Fiat MultiECUScan, Ford F Super, Renault CAN Clip V124, INPA/NCS Expert + others.